MasterCard 2021 Mastercard Launch , Associate Consultant, Mastercard Advisors in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
2021 Mastercard Launch , Associate Consultant, Mastercard Advisors
Mastercard Advisors is the professional consulting services arm of Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services to help customers grow. Advisors combines traditional management consulting with rich transactional data assets and in-house technology to provide clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. With a unique transactional dataset and payment expertise, Advisors derive deep understanding on consumer needs (e.g. spend behaviour & preference, travel preference etc.) and addresses complex challenges throughout the payment lifecycle - from card activation & payments app, to authorization & fraud. While specializing in the payments industry, Advisors also works with clients across multiple industries, including financial institutions, major retailers, airlines, travel operators, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond the Mastercard network.
Centred on data-driven technologies and innovation, the projects that Advisors work on revolve around three main elements that complement each other to generate actionable insights for clients:
• Consulting Services: Traditional management consulting projects, focusing on developing strategic initiatives to solve business problems. Examples include customer value proposition development, debit segmentation, project management office, etc
• Analytics & Insights: Leveraging Mastercard data and proprietary algorithms (e.g. segmentation, personification, etc.) to address business challenges & generate insights to support consulting services
• Test & Learn: Using Mastercard’s in-house software, help clients analyse large amounts of data, enabling business leaders to conduct experiments to optimise decisions and implement business initiatives at scale. Examples include retail space planning, marketing campaign / promotion design, location selection for opening of new stores, etc
The Advisors office in Kuala Lumpur is set out to be a key Advisors hub in the APAC region, with staffing opportunities available on projects across the region. Travel might be required occasionally based on project needs.
As an Associate Consultant, you will:
• Work in small teams to solve clients' most challenging strategic problems through data-driven solutions
• Identify information sources, conduct secondary research, structure and execute data analysis effectively
• Build relationships with clients to understand their business needs, find strategic solutions and guide impactful decisions
• Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and quickly gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management
• Grow your career by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced management team
• Receive extensive training focusing on helping you build your core consulting skill set
• Have an immediate opportunity for meaningful contributions, increased responsibility, leadership roles, and professional advancement
• Excellent track record of results: First-Class Honours (or GPA equivalent) from leading global universities with a target graduation before July 2021
• Internship experience in relevant fields (e.g. consulting/financial services/etc) and/or active participation in extracurricular activities
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English (Second language desirable)
• Ability to work with colleagues from all levels in a highly intellectual, fast-paced environment
• Sound knowledge of analytical tools such as SAS, R, Python (Desirable)
Application end date will be on December 30, 2020
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114192