MasterCard Software Development Engineer for Testing in Kansas City, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer for Testing
The Application Security Program develops and maintains solutions that protect data and provide secure access to Mastercard’s networks and systems. We also provide secure key management to enable secure and trusted processing of transactions, including tokenized and EMV chip payments.
• The Application Security team develops and supports shared security services to be leveraged across Enterprise by consuming application teams. This team owns several cryptography and key management and code signing services.
• The Software Development Engineer for Testing will be responsible for designing, building and implementing the tools and frameworks that will provide automated testing for unit, functional, regression, performance testing, along with being used by QA Analysts and Testers.
• Executes testing procedures defined by team
• Possesses a knowledge of programming, tools, architecture patterns, and TDD
• Ensures Performance and Scalability for applications and platforms
• Works closely with software engineers to build quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing
• Develops and implements QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies; partners with other functions to establish testing requirements
• Documents performance test strategies and test plans; translates complex system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing method
• Participates in requirements review and performance testing activities; monitors resolutions and retains documentation;
• Identifies and implements complex automation efforts; replicates and resolves production issues for single application
• Defines and implements best practices for end-to-end application performance management solutions; focuses on emerging technologies
• Assists in vendor assessment and evaluates and recommends software development tools
• Translates complex system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing methods
• Participates in evaluation of manual testing tools for automation opportunities
• Experience participating in testing, and review process for unit and integration testing
• Successfully contribute to multiple test paths simultaneously
• Successfully ensured quality of one or more application codebases and alignment with development standard
• Experience testing API service platform functionality
• Able to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and objectives
• Experience in Agile Methodology using ALM or other similar tools
This position is not eligible for sponsorship at this time
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-151207