MasterCard Site Reliability Engineering-Middleware in Kansas City, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Site Reliability Engineering-Middleware
Job Description Summary
• The mission of this team is to reduce customer affecting incidents, designing highly redundant application architecture, and building fully automated infrastructure.
• The Site Reliability Engineering team was formed to reduce customer impacting incidents by consulting in design and configuration with the goal of creating more highly available applications and infrastructure.
• Leads cross-functional teams to drive problem resolution and identify root cause.
• Applies system-thinking to problem solving situations, following a methodical incident resolution process.
• Makes logical and physical system architecture recommendations to avoid problems and increase system availability and stability.
• Maintains services in live customer environments including monitoring availability, performance, and system health.
• Apply experience of WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, or Apache to solve customer and technology needs
• Scales processes and drives sustainability through automation.
• Hosts, documents, and encourages environment of blameless post-mortems in response to system incident resolution.
• Mentors, coaches, and conducts technical trainings to develop talent across the organization.
All About You
• Experience leading complex cross-functional network domain initiatives (i.e., network cloud connectivity), providing guidance and establishing consistency
• Experience supporting development of architectural standards within global technology domains and sub-domains to ensure consistency
• Demonstrated success at selecting and evaluating new technology that will adhere to innovative industry trends and practices
• Experience contributing to intellectual property to be applied to project work and shared with internal colleagues
• Expected to act as a technical subject matter expert, working to advance core engineering quality by improving existing processes and identifying new tools and technologies
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-71678