MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
• Corporate Security Engineering is a global Mastercard team that designs, builds and supports service platforms that provide cryptographic, key management and certificate management functions utilized by global Mastercard application teams.
• The Corporate Security Engineering team develops and supports shared security services to be leveraged across Enterprise by consuming application teams. Our inventory of shared services include cryptography, certificate management, code signing, and key management.
• The Corporate Security Engineering Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the component design, development and integration of digital security technologies and solutions to be leveraged by the enterprise.
• The Corporate Security Engineering Senior Software Engineer will define requirements for new applications and enhancements, adhering to standards, processes and best practices.
• Are you motivated to protect Mastercard’s Assets?
• Are you interested in working in a fast-paced, challenging technical environment?
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives that meet business requirements in adherence with Mastercard standards, processes and best practices
• Significant advanced code development, code review.
• Participate in rotational on-call support for escalated issues.
• Manage resolution for complex issues within functional area of expertise
• Ability to work independently and self-directed
• Ability to partner and collaborate with Corporate Security Engineering Architects and Technical Leads on solution designs
• Mentor junior Software Engineers
• Good knowledge and experience with industry standard cryptographic algorithms including how, where, and when to apply them.
• Insure that best development practices are being followed
All About You
• Expert understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
• Extensive experience developing and supporting shared web service platforms, including SOAP and RESTful API’s
• Experience developing solutions using Information Security-related concepts: Cryptography, Hardware Security Modules, PKCS11, AMQP
• Extensive experience with the following technologies and frameworks: Node.JS, C, C++, Java, Data Structures, NoSQL, data bases, GIT
• Highly motivated and proactive to ensure the success of the team and product
• High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to handle multiple high-priority demands while driving consistent results
• Expert critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Understand the need for quality tests and how to apply them.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167647