MasterCard Manager, Vulnerability Management in Kansas City, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Vulnerability Management
Seeking Manager, Vulnerability Management with strong experience in people management along with strong experience with static application security testing (SAST), software composition analysis (SCA) and Artifact Vulnerability Management. Candidate must have experience in performing application security code review, opensource vulnerability management, building and improvising SSDLC process in an enterprise environment. Experience with black box, grey box, white box and penetration testing is desired.
• Perform secure source code review and software composition analysis for the proprietary applications (web, mobile, web service, etc.). The assessment may involve manual testing and analysis as well as use of automated application vulnerability scanning/testing tools.
• Provide business knowledge and technical support for department.
• Provide leadership, direction and supervision to staff.
• Ensure area is adequately staffed and managed; personnel have
appropriate training and skills resulting in successful behaviors.
• Perform strategic planning, financial planning, administration and management of department.
• Provide technical and advisory support for staff to ensure the development and implementation of applications.
• Provide management level status reports.
• Coordinate multiple project efforts.
• Develop, enhance, and provide input into development of KPI, KRI and other metrics.
• Understand and implement security policies, standards, industry best practices and compliance requirements
• Responsible for project documentation, including maintaining technical documents and business requirements
• Strong communication and technical skills with the ability to communicate between business and technical stakeholders
• Hands-on experience in application secure source code review, software composition analysis, opensource and artifact vulnerability management
• Prior experience in writing the code using one or more languages: Java, .Net, Groovy, Python and PowerShell is desired
• Knowledge of secure software development life cycle (SSDLC), CI/CD pipeline, Container, Cloud, DevSecOps and SSDLC process automation is desired
• Knowledge of OWASP, SANS, or other security-related frameworks and penetration testing methodologies
• Experience with the following source code repositories is a plus: SVN, GIT, Bitbucket.
• Familiar with common frameworks, spanning frontend and backend (Angular, Bootstrap, Node, Struts, Spring, .NET MVC, etc.).
• Familiar with application threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
• Strong relationship building skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners is desired
• Familiar with laws, regulations, and industry standards such as PCI DSS, GDPR, SHREMS II, CCPA, GLBA, NIST SP800-53 and Cybersecurity Framework, and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) series 27001/2, 27005, 31000
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-149449