MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Credit RIsk SME, MEA in Johannesburg, South Africa
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Credit RIsk SME, MEA
Senior Managing Consultant, Credit Risk Management Subject Matter Expert (SME), Advisors Delivery, Data & Services
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big & scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets & in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights & recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies & innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty & marketing programs, test-&-learn business experimentation, & data-driven information & risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, & other enterprises, leveraging data & insights garnered from within & beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate & talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us & take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as a Senior Managing Consultant & Credit Risk Management Subject Matter Expert
As a Senior Managing Consultant & Credit Risk Management subject matter expert, you will be a trusted client business advisor, & scope, lead, & advise on Credit Risk Management client engagements. As the subject matter expert, you will partner with the Business Development team to develop & pitch engagements that can leverage Mastercard data & consulting knowledge in Credit Risk Management. You will also be resource for enabling centralized training & knowledge management in Credit Risk Management & will lead engagement teams to best in class insights & project deliverables. Leading the work of the project Delivery team, you will provide subject matter & industry expertise, be a resource to others to identify creative & efficient solutions & guide the team to business-focused solutions & recommendations that drive client value. Responsibilities within project management will include owning mid- to senior-level client relationships & proactively engaging in the client agenda, internal culture, & relationship risks.
You will mentor & coach junior teammates outside of direct engagement teams & engender effective contribution to Mastercard’s knowledge management & best practices within Credit Risk Management. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
Bring your Passion & Expertise
We recruit for & value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility & takes pride in guiding project teams towards delivering the highest quality results & recommendations to our clients.
• Subject Matter Expertise: Regional go-to person for Credit Risk Management, assisting with specialist sales support & product development/refinement as needed, & focused on knowledge sharing & development of team members regionally & globally
• Problem Solving: Leads teams to identify the most critical aspects of a problem, & guides team to business-focused solutions & recommendations that drive client value. Initiates changes to project direction where required, & able to decide & act without the total picture.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving & quantitative skills, & leads team to effective & efficient technical capability usage regardless of context.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, & intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Client Management: Inspire client confidence through client recognition of specialization, timely & reliable execution, & develop stakeholder management plans to align priorities & address support & resistance.
• Communication & Presence: Leads composition of complete deliverables & other written communication, & demonstrates an ability to communicate verbally in a wide range of complex scenarios & up to senior management levels.
• Teamwork: Motivates medium size teams or key workstreams on large engagements to produce superior quality deliverables while creating an open collaboration environment for all levels, with a will to win attitude. As the subject matter expert on project teams, provide on-the-job training on how to more effectively execute Credit Risk Management projects.
• Commercial Orientation: Ability to identify strong opportunities to leverage Credit Risk Management, including identification of cross-sell opportunities beyond direct project work, & partner with broader Data & Services teammates on contracting activities, leveraging knowledge of Data & Services capabilities & how they fit together to create relevant solutions for clients.
• Leadership: Instill a sense of urgency, ownership, & empowerment & thoughtful risk taking into leaders at all levels. Structures work so it aligns with team members’ goals & motivators.
• Integrity: Models Mastercard's values of honesty & integrity. Follows through on commitments & makes others do the same.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Undergraduate or master’s degree
• Preferred experience includes:
oExperience in consumer & small business credit risk credit card experience
o Ideally management/strategy consulting skills gained through previous consulting experience.
o Experience of credit risk across the lifecycle from origination, to customer management to collections & recoveries.
o In-depth understanding of credit risk operations & infrastructure including data, credit bureau, process, decision strategies, organisation, people needs, scoring/analytics & reporting.
o Deep understanding of credit risk scorecards as used across the customer lifecycle
o Deep experience of developing data driven (& AI driven) decision strategies across the customer lifecycle (initial limits, line increases, collections).
o Experience in SAS, FICO, Experian or other leading analytical software packages commonly used with a credit risk department.
o Highly skilled at quickly understanding customer credit risk needs & converting these into client projects.
o Demonstrated thought leader & trusted advisor to financial institutions.
§ Knowledge of key credit risk global regulation, open banking & the application of AI to the credit risk
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple projects
• Experience as a mentor
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally & in writing – in English & the local office language(s)
• Demonstrated ability to own & develop relationships with both mid- & executive-level client contacts & inspire confidence in Mastercard Advisors as a sought-after partner
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, & balance thought with action while getting the most out of limited resources
• Advanced Word, Excel, & PowerPoint skills required
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-108506