MasterCard Managing Consultant, Advisors in Johannesburg, South Africa
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Managing Consultant, Advisors
Mastercard Advisors, the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides consulting services (including business strategy, proposition & operating model design, performance optimization, marketing, information and risk management) to financial institutions, merchants and governments worldwide.
With its unique payments expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, MasterCard Advisors has established a strong track record of successfully addressing the challenges and opportunities of its clients.
• Are you motivated by developing new consulting models, leading to insights into issues and developing recommendations that add real value to clients?
• Have you led projects with teams with diverse skills and experience?
• Do you want to play a key role in driving a world beyond cash?
The Managing Consultant (MC) will be part of the global leadership team formulating, implementing and managing a new consulting delivery model for Mastercard Advisors:
• Responsible for developing top quality work in the centralized configured consulting team
• Help develop a scalable consulting business by developing and deploying established project templates to ensure consistent, high quality deliverables
• Develop relevant and value-creating analysis and insight for our clients; ensure work is synthesized into clear, sound recommendations with high standard document outputs
• Support development of competency centres on core Advisors configurable offerings within central team
• Develop effective working relationships with mid to senior level colleagues
• Proactively seek new knowledge and skills and facilitate the development of intellectual capital
• Lead small teams of local consultants and analysts undertaking project work
• Monitor configured offering processes and deliverables to identify creative and useful additional and/or alternative analyses and paradigms to improve project quality and economics
All About You
• Extensive experience in a consulting organization, ideally with exposure to payments business.
• Undergraduate degree required; MBA or relevant post graduate degree recommended
• Core consulting skills including analytics & insights; leveraging and contributing to knowledge management
• Comfortable with high performance culture; with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Comfortable working with established consulting content frameworks
• English proficiency required; other languages desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience leading project teams
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• English languages required
• Undergraduate degree required
• MBA or relevant degree recommended
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-166283