MasterCard Manager, Product Management, Financial Crime in Johannesburg, South Africa
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management, Financial Crime
The candidate will be working on deploying and managing Mastercard Cyber & Intelligence solutions and products in MEA, focusing mainly on Financial Crimes solutions. The key responsibilities include ongoing management and enhancements of key products, analysis and evaluation of performance and insight generation, marketing and distribution of products and interacting with key customers and stakeholders (issuers, acquirers, processors, government entities, etc.)
• Develops regional go-to-market strategies and leads execution to ensure maximum penetration of product and value delivered to customers. This includes aligning with global teams and supporting the sales team with go-to-market plans, material, pricing and training
• Manage and maintain existing product lines on an on-going basis
• Analyze market trends, dynamics, and competition in order to inform product and go-to-market strategies
• Interface with market teams, sales, finance, legal, marketing, operations, implementations as the product owner to ensure successful launch of products
• Engage in idea generation, concept validation, business case development, and in some instances financial modeling and planning
• Monitor and evaluate product performance; ability to locate and use relevant data to support performance measurement, tracking, and product insights. Build reporting templates and tools
• Become the subject matter expert on the required domain (Financial Crimes) to guide customers and internal stakeholders
• Build overall understanding of Cyber & Intelligence Solutions offerings and broader Mastercard products and services to leverage synergies within the organization to maximize value delivered to customers
All About You:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, data analytics, mathematics, business, or equivalent experience
• 5-8 years prior related work experience. Experience from a top-rated consulting firm desirable
• Knowledge of account-based payments industry, financial crimes and AML domain and products is required
• Effective problem solver, identifying and mitigating risks, solving and / or escalating issues as appropriate
• Excellent analytical skills with an ability to conduct structured analysis and synthesize large amounts of data. Advanced Excel skills
• Ability to work on a team or independently
• Strong interpersonal skills to influence and build credibility, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129846