MasterCard Manager, Network Partnerships - SA in Johannesburg, South Africa
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Network Partnerships - SA
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard’s Cross-Border Services team (XBS) is driving innovation and growth to meet today’s demands for simple, certain, and secure international payments. XBS is a portfolio of integrated assets and capabilities designed to service key verticals and multiple payment experiences. Through a single connection, we enable partners the ability to reach a variety of endpoints—account, card, mobile wallet, or cash payout—nearly anywhere in the world.
The Cross-Border Services team is looking for a Manager, Network Partnerships – Southern Africa (SA) to support the global Network team, and the regional product teams in building out a best in class cross border network in the SA cluster. The role reports into the Director of Network Partnerships for the Middle East and Africa Region
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, sales minded, has a strong ownership SSAtality, and has significant experience working across multiple countries and stakeholders to develop strong partnerships.
• Own execution against the Global Network Roadmap for the SA cluster
• Build partnerships with top tier financial institutions to strengthen the reach of XBS across the cluster
• Optmize existing partnerships to further develop our client value proposition
• Guide regional product on global network capabilities, serving as single point of contact for SA XBS into the broader Cross Border Network Team
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have extensive experience in cross boarder correspondent banking, with a focus on the SA region
• Display the ability to manage relationships across external partners that deliver the most value to our product and our clients
• Maintain a deep understanding of the cross-border payments ecosystem
• Demonstrated success working with internal stakeholders across other business units, functions and markets in support of cross-functional projects/programs
• Be a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker, able to communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Undergraduate degree from a top university, ideally focused on Business, Sales, or Liberal Arts
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-131155