MasterCard Manager, Expert Sales – Payment Gateway Solutions in Johannesburg, South Africa
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Expert Sales – Payment Gateway Solutions
• Develop and execute sales strategies in line with regional and country objectives, that achieve sales, revenue and profit objectives for MPGS, Brighterion, Simplify and other VAS solutions in Southern Africa
• Provides Payment Gateway/Fraud solutions, online payments, eCommerce subject matter expertise and leverages MasterCard integrated solutions to drive sales and revenue goals
• Provides market intelligence and market requirements to product developers and product managers to support product design, development and implementation efforts
• Build and manage a strong sales pipeline and monitor opportunities
• Deliver on assigned market development Payment Gateway revenues through establishing and maintaining a strong sales pipeline.
• Build and manage relationships with acquirers and non-traditional customers like merchants, payment facilitators and payment service providers.
• Identify sales leads and close new business in collaboration with Account Management and Business Development in a highly competitive consultative selling environment and generates incremental revenue from existing clients
• Develop financial modeling and business cases for identified opportunities, as well as coordinate contract development.
• Implement customized solutions that drive value creation for the customer and Mastercard
• Develop, coordinate and deliver customized presentation materials for identified opportunities
• Analyze and interpret customer data to ensure operations are at optimal levels
• Provide support by identifying and resolving customer challenges and escalating within the product vertical as required
• Actively participate in the customer planning and product prioritization process
• Coordinates transitions between sales and implementation teams
• Extensive experience in a sales/commercial environment including interacting with customers and closing individual deals within a single market
• Demonstrated expertise and success in achieving sales goals over multiple products
• Experience with payment gateways, fraud screening, alternative payment methods, mobile commerce, e-wallets, multi-channel processing and acquiring
• Strong account management experience - ability to understand customer and constituent needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends and the competitive landscape.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills - extensive experience in communicating in international environment at senior management level.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications with a strong track record in the payments industry and deep knowledge of consumer payments.
• High preference for action - results driven and with a disciplined approach to deliver sales targets.
• Strong relationship management skills - experience of managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment, matrixed environment, across multiple geographic locations.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132428