MasterCard Director, Product & Solutions - Acceptance, Southern Africa in Johannesburg, South Africa
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product & Solutions - Acceptance, Southern Africa
Acceptance Lead South Africa
• Leads the Acceptance Product Team in Southern Africa, including South Africa.
• Acts as an incubation phase for the creation/ideation of new acceptance products
• Roles in this family focus on innovation management; they assess opportunities, define and create new products/prototypes and test differentiated value propositions that meet stakeholder needs (eg, consumer, merchants, banks, governments, issuers and acquirers)
• Drives New Product Development including exploration of new opportunity spaces, contributing to Product strategy and partnering with cross-functional teams to design, develop and deliver new Products that drive incremental revenues for Mastercard
• Demonstrates a full understanding of market dynamics including Regulatory, Legal, Competitive and Technology landscapes
• Evaluates and prioritizes Global and/or Regional product ideas, markets and opportunities and determines with which projects to initiate the development process
• Leverages the Studio Framework to rapidly Frame ideas, and develop Concepts and Prototypes to validate whether a market opportunity can be effectively monetized by Mastercard
• Following successful Prototyping, leverage a thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle to partner with Product Management – Technical and Software Development Guilds to develop scalable Products for launch, ensuring that initial build effort concludes on time and budget
• Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders in Legal, Data Privacy, Delivery, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc. to ensure that the new Product has a robust go-to-market plan focused on speed to market and ease of delivery
• Partner with Servicing teams (e.g. GCC, CTS, Biz Ops) to ensure that the new Product has a robust E2E servicing plan that enables a great end user and customer experience
• Partners with Product Management to Commercialize new Products, providing a seamless handover supported by a robust 18-month roadmap including CX, Revenue, and Product Quality enhancements
• Provide regular coaching and feedback to direct reports and partners to grow individual functional skills, experience and leadership capabilities
• Drive institutionalized knowledge through the use of consistent product documentation (e.g., support documents) across the Studio framework
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning by leveraging the learning & development curriculum to augment existing knowledge, skills and experiences
• Develop talent and provide timely feedback, coaching in the moment, and mentoring
• Demonstrate and drive Mastercard Way behaviours through their behaviour, recognitions, coaching, and employee engagement.
• Experience in overseeing the rapid prototyping for regional/local acceptance products
• Experience building winning business cases by formulating quality epics (objectives) and translating them into stories (key details)
• Experience conducting product demonstrations and presenting compelling product propositions at external industry events for key stakeholders/audience
• Strong track record at synthesizing products and services from multiple functional areas into value propositions that align with regional or local customer needs
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144239