MasterCard Director, Product Management Domestic P2P and B2P in Johannesburg, South Africa
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Product Management Domestic P2P and B2P
Job Title: Product Director: Domestic P2P and B2P
Mastercard send is at the cornerstone of our vision in a World beyond cash. Our services facilitate the secure delivery of funds between senders and receivers, typically within seconds. We support multiple use cases – person to person, business to business, disbursements, remittances and merchant payments.
The successful candidate for this role will be initially responsible to drive the delivery and implementation of interoperable domestic South Africa interbank Person to Person and Business to Person solution, utilising the Mastercard Send toolset and partnerships to comply with local PASA regulations for Card Credit Payment Instruction (CCPI). The solution will include a directory service to enable simple and effective peer to peer payments utilising the MSISDN as a proxy to the PAN. Subsequently, the role’s geographical scope will be extended to other markets in the MEA region.
• Lead the analysis and design framework with all the relevant stakeholders.
• Manage regulatory requirements and engagement carefully during the full Product lifecycle
• Define the necessary capabilities, prioritise delivery and write business requirements in order to deliver the Mastercard Send platform and directory service for interoperable domestic P2P and B2P payments in South Africa.
• Work with regional teams and solution partners to help assess market conditions and competitive landscape, collect requirements and monitor the success of market deployment
• Work closely with cross functional teams (including solution partners and banks) to lead product development efforts that cross between waterfall and agile workflow, identify synergies, propose the most efficient solutions, and resolve issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Interface with technical developers to translate product requirements into technical specifications, ensuring mutual understanding and reducing time to market.
• Capture product capabilities and translate into customer facing implementation guides
• Generate monthly status reports for management review and action
• Generate ideas and drive thought leadership for product enhancements and services.
• Drive technology standardisation within DP&L
• Solutions oriented and delivers superior results
• Self-starter with a strong passion for analytical thinking, attention to detail and proven track record of delivering success while operating within a team environment
• Excellent written and oral skills, problem solving, product documentation and product development skills
• Good understanding of payments from a technical and commercial point of view.
• Lead scrum teams on feature elaboration
• Strong project management skills and demonstrable experience in product conceptualisation, design and development using Agile methodology
• Demonstrable ability to multi-task, establish priorities and work independently under press
• Strong business acumen coupled with a customer focus and analytical skills
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and team with internal and external business partners.
• Generate ideas and drive thought-leadership for new services and product enhancements.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-81788