MasterCard Director, Government Business Development SA in Johannesburg, South Africa
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Government Business Development SA
The Role - Context and scope:
The Regional Government Engagement unit is engaging in a very selected number of markets to design and launch commercial and strategic programs aimed at digitizing the payments economy and achieving an efficient, transparent and seamless digital payments economy for Governments. Mastercard’s focused approach to engaging with ministries and government agencies in selected markets aims at building durable partnerships while developing new revenue opportunities for the Governemnt and Mastercard thus making Mastercard indispensable to governments and economies.
In order to effectively support both nation-wide or agency-focused marquee strategic engagements, Mastercard is building dedicated program management capacity in the government space.
The Government Engagement Program Manager role requires strong analytical skills, a strategy background, as well as a basic understanding of financial technology solutions. Project Management experience and understanding of Government processes is a very strong plus. Strong communication skills are needed to engage internal stakeholders to gain buy-in for execution. Key senior stakeholders include not just Mastercard country leaders but also regional Market Development, Public Policy and other Strategic Growth units.
Specific projects / major accountabilities and expected deliverables Major accountabilities:
• Develop, deploy and manage either solution- or market-focused client engagement program plans, in alignment with the local Government Engagement lead and with the assigned Country Manager & local team. This includes mayor program initiatives, expected outcomes for Mastercard and the Government and resource requirements.
• Accountable for the development and monitoring of the program’s KPIs and for the program management of the partnership in all of its stages: Discover, Prioritize, Plan, Execute, Codify (insert here alternative methodologies if appropriate)
• Support in developing quarter business reviews and annual budget planning Engage the Government Centre of Excellence and other relevant corporate units to identify relevant solutions and non-commercial assets to be deployed as part of the engagement program. Drive alignment of vision and purpose and help develop the overall ROI for the assigned engagement (Mastercard AND client)
• Participate in the design of strategic and commercial initiatives, support the development of sustainable business models
• Assigned engagement’s program plan including main workstreams, engagement phases, expected Mastercard and Government KPIs, mutual resource investments and governance
• Ongoing monitoring of the program, coordination of market and global units, across selected program workstreams
• Organization of relevant internal meetings and workshops
• Communication to Country Managers, Regional Government Engagement personnel, global Government CoE leads and in-country teams on program status, risks & gaps, as well as escalations management.
• Demand analysis for existing and future Mastercard solutions to be provided to the Government CoE
• Feedback into the global government engagement methodology, support with the production of relevant documentation (“the playbook”) to enable replication across countries as well business update reports.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-96391