MasterCard Director Commercial Payments Sales and Business Development in Jakarta, Indonesia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director Commercial Payments Sales and Business Development
Job description summary: Commercial Payments Expert Sales team drives opportunities within Southeast Asia to grow and defend our business in a profitable and sustainable manner. Our key activities include:
• Identifying and developing new businesses
• Identify and drive strategic partnerships
• Providing deep sales expertise to our partners and power their growth
We are looking for an individual who has demonstrated ability to bundle and sell commercial card and digital payables and collections solutions to Transaction, SME Bankers in SEA. This individual is expected to work closely with external stakeholders notably Banks, 3rd party Fintech, Payment Aggregators and internal stakeholders including our country teams and regional product organization. She/he would be responsible for expanding existing business with our partners and generating new business from the Fintech community.
Role: Specifically, the objectives are to:
• Strategize and execute plan to grow our Commercial Cards SME and B2B portfolio
• Assist Bank and Fintech partners and power their growth
• Acquire new partners to distribute our payment solutions
• Articulate how Mastercard’s data insights, products, platforms and partners resonate with KPIs of Corporate and Business bankers
• Lead engagements with Payment startups, SME and B2B aggregators, Alternate Lenders, P2P, MFIs etc. and deploy new business models and solutions
• Help build collaboration between Bank and Fintech partners include driving revenue and risk sharing arrangements
• Collaborate with Mastercard’s regional Product, Consulting and Market Development organization to package solutions which are beneficial and align with Bank’s strategic objectives
We’re looking for an individual who has the following:
• Has managerial / executive experience in a Business /Corporate bank /Consulting organization / Payments startup
• Ability to nurture relationships with C-level audience, Co-founders of Fintechs and influence strategic decision making
• Sold / managed / implemented cash/ trade products or possess functional knowledge and expertise of cash and trade solutions
• Is a self-starter with proven track record of building businesses particularly for new products or solutions or in new markets
The following experiences/skills would be helpful:
• Has working knowledge of payables and receivables solutions of large businesses/ SMEs
• Understanding of SME, Micro SME ecosystem would be beneficial
• Ability to formulate and execute a sales strategy for complex solution/stakeholder sales across multiple markets and partners
• Possesses strong communication / presentation skills and able to access /connect /build relationships with Corporate Banking / Business Banking/ Transaction Banking Heads
• Is self-motivated with a consistent high level of focus and enthusiasm
• Adept at operating within a fast paced and dynamic matrix organization
Basic qualification: 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree
Preferred qualification: 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of experience with an advanced degree (eg. Masters, MBA)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144082