MasterCard Senior Enterprise Architect in Illinois
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Enterprise Architect
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Enterprise Architecture team is looking for a sharp, dedicated individual. The Senior Enterprise Architect position combines skills and expertise found across Enterprise Architects and Business Analysts. This individual will be a self-starter who enjoys strategic problem solving and guiding client requirements. Digging into the details, asking questions and strong communication skills will be keys to success within this role.
• Elicit requirements from business stakeholders and developers using interviews, and requirement gathering sessions
• Create detailed documentation that will be accepted by the client as validation of the business requirements and project scope. Include user stories, business & workflow analysis and architecture diagrams
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details
• Ability to distinguish client requests from the underlying business needs
• Serve as the primary conduit between our teams and the client during the discovery process
• Responsible for finalizing direction, solution and requirements for client integrations
• Demonstrate leadership by working with the Client, Engineering, Product, Delivery Team and Sales to understand the evolving platform and integration efforts required based on clients needs
• Position will require some travel
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree in technology, business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Intermediate experience in working with business and technology stakeholders with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving via technology solutions
• Exceptional management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment
• Ability to communicate to business stakeholders and technology teams
• Strong writing skills required
• Experience compiling and/or owning development of business requirements a plus
• Should have a good sense of humor
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-153194