MasterCard Director Market Development, Acceptance and Merchant Development in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director Market Development, Acceptance and Merchant Development
The role of Business Leader Merchant and Acceptance Development within the Indochina (Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos) Acceptance & Merchant Development team will support and contribute to the overall Acceptance & Merchant priorities of the division. These include:
• Supporting the vision of a “World Beyond Cash” by launching and scaling categories such as contactless, QR, mobile NFC, e-commerce.
• Managing relationships with acquiring banks, delivering tangible value and with a focus on growing acceptance in all channels (e.g. POS, contactless, e-commerce, QR,).
• Managing relationships with key retailers and developing a platform of merchant promotions and offers aimed at stimulating usage. Develop, launch and scale co-brand programs with key retailers.
• Selling in services to acquirers, merchants and PSPs such as e-commerce gateway solutions, fraud detection solutions, loyalty and rewards solutions, acquirer processing solutions, information services and advisory services.
• Managing all aspects of the relationship with NAPAS, the national payments processor.
• Organizing industry level workshops and forums with acquirer banks and / or merchants to introduce best practices, new technologies.
Have you ever launched a product or service at industry level that will transform the market long term?
Are you excited about growing relationship with a diverse set of customers, with a clear “customer first” mindset?
• To facilitate and accelerate the introduction of new acceptance players, new business models and technologies into the acquiring landscape in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
• Manage the acquiring relationships both from a business development and operational perspective (e.g. rules, franchise, product delivery)
• Identify sales opportunities that drive tangible revenue, business case, contract, execute and measure returns.
• Proactively identify and address acceptance barriers and pain points – develop models and frameworks in order to create new solutions (e.g. Pricing, Franchise, non-compliance, Legal, Treasury) that can help to overcome acceptance friction
• Develop and maintain merchant relationships, develop marketing offers and promotions, sell in merchant specific solutions to help drive their business
• Lead ad-hoc research projects, special projects, customer resolutions
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree (MBA) or equivalent work experience in sales and / or market development preferred
• Expert level experience and knowledge of the payments business with exposure to acceptance, acquirers, merchants and or national payments processors
• Proven track record in strategy development, execution, and account management
• Proven track record of sales success and ability to meet sales targets
• Strong leadership, presentation, and sales skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a team, to effectively coordinate with peers, and to work in a matrix organization
• Be prepared to travel on a regular basis for client and / or internal meetings
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-66168