MasterCard Director, Business Development , Strategic Merchants in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development , Strategic Merchants
Based out of Hanoi, the role of Director, Market Development, Strategic Merchants offers the successful individual the opportunity to drive sales preference for Mastercard with strategic merchants in Vietnam. The position requires a self-motivated, commercially pragmatic business developer with strong relationship management and influencing skills.
• Responsible for all aspects of business development activities including creation and execution of a detailed sales pipeline for key merchants and strategic partners that will drive market share, increase volume and deliver incremental revenue growth to execution of contracts.
• Identify and develop strong relationships with key decision makers within pipeline merchants/partners across multiple functions (payments, loyalty, marketing, acquiring).
• Demonstrate an understanding of the merchant/partner’s strategy, the organizational structure and opportunity pipeline through the generation and management of account plans.
• Partner with cross functional teams including Data & Services, C&I, Product, Marketing to create incremental revenue opportunities based on identified Merchant/partner needs.
• Leverages profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis
• Collaborates with market development teams in Vietnam and region to plan, execute and monitor progress against business plans
All about you
• Strong team player
• Comfortable to lead customer engagements and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Operate unsupervised, with a sense of urgency
• Fast learner with the ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple stakeholders
• Results driven and able to focus on multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Ability to develop and successfully implement quantifiable business/account plans
• Comprehensive experience executing and managing sales strategies for merchants and partners
• Consistently delivers thoughtful market and business analysis to support hypothesis
• Analytical skills – utilizing internal and external data to manage performance
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3-5 years of experience within the merchant and/or payments/service industry with consultative B2B sales experience
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-110867