MasterCard Manager, Solution Sales, Digital Partners, Nordics & Baltics in Helsinki, Finland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Solution Sales, Digital Partners, Nordics & Baltics
Mastercard is a global payment company with operation in +200 countries with hundreds of millions of consumers and businesses daily using our products and services. Our vision is a world beyond cash where we enable people and businesses to send and receive funds simply, securely and with control across the world. Being a leading global brand and and a S&P top 20 company we pride ourself of still having a ”glocal” doing well by doing good culture with decency at its core.
As a response to the evolving changing payment market, Mastercard has over the past years been on a journey from a pure cards network into now offering a full suite of payment solutions such as Account to Account, Open Banking, Bill Payments, Blockchains, CO2 Emission Tracking and much more. As such, we are a partner and an employer well equipped to meet and drive the future.
With a close to cashless and highly digitized community, Nordics & Baltics is at the forefront of driving the global payments innovation and the region is frequently considered to be a role model to be exported elsewhere. With Mastercard’s strong footprint and many years of experience from the local market, working for Mastercard in the Nordics & Baltics you will have an opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future of payments and commerce both locally and globally.
The Customer Solutions Center is Mastercard’s local product and services function which develops and packages solutions based on our customers’ needs by tapping into Mastercard’s extensive toolbox of products and services offerings. The Customer Solutions Centre is a partner to account managers and sales teams in actively helping them ‘tell the story’ to our customers and partners.
To take the Customer Solutions Centre to the next level moving beyond a Product Specialist focus we are now hiring Solution Sales colleagues. Solutions Sales are dedicated to specific customer segments, ie. Financial Institutions, Merchant & B2B, and Digital Partners. Working in Solutions Sales you will be responsible for ensuring Mastercard offer the best solutions which solve for existing and future customer needs by collaborating with product specialists, account managers, delivery and other stakeholders in developing and packaging solutions.
In this particular role you will be responsible for the Digital Partners (e.g. Swish, Vipps, MobilePay, Mtasku, Pivo etc.) segment and we are looking for candidates with broad experience of working within this segment. Preferably you have experience of Product Sales/Management in this segment where you are used to collaborated across functions and take active lead to drive new initiatives from idea to go-live. Digital Partners is a relatively new partner segment for Mastercard and as a consequence you will together with the Sales Lead for Digital Partners play an active role shaping how Mastercard play in this area.
Mastercard capabilities expert for Digital Partners segment
• Understands value chain of the Digital Partners segment to identify trends, needs and opportunities for Mastercard
• Develop in depth understanding of customers’ business-, technical- och operational environments
• Has a good understanding of Mastercard Products, Services and corporate strategy for the Digital Partners segment
Lead value propositions development and segment innovation:
• Proactively builds solutions for the Digital Partners segment needs – across the Mastercard toolbox, knitting together assets in bundles that can be readily deployed to address key customer pain points
• Partner with account managers and business developers in developing and quantifying value proposition for solutions across products and services
• Partner with Technical Architects to ensure technical viability and sound implementation plans of all solutions taking into account both customers and Mastercard technical environment
• Identifies enabling partners for solutioning when capabilities are not present internally within Mastercard
Knowledge, insights and best practice sharing:
• Shares learnings and best practices within wider Mastercard community
• Provides input to the product and services organizations to enhance their offering
All About You:
Key capabilities: customer and business focused, tech savvy, team player, barrier challenger, problem solver, sleeves rolled-up
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business or Engineering
• Deep understanding, experience and discipline of product development, product management, and problem solving
• Extensive experience of working as a partner to account managers
• Good understanding of Mastercard products and services is a plus
• Experience from the payments or Digital Partners industry is a plus
• Strong ability to comprehend the business, market context and customer needs to drive and architect integrated and innovative solutions
• Highly collaborative with strong ability to drive cross functional teams
• Strong skills in verbal and written storytelling and packaging of pitch material
• Ability to assemble backing from internal stakeholders in order to build organizational support for the proposed solution
• Understanding of technical basics, e.g. APIs, process flows
• Demonstrated ability to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data, and derive meaningful implications and recommendations from this data
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-159930