MasterCard Settlement Analyst in Harrogate, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Intro on Vocalink
Vocalink technologies power the UK’s real-time payments, settlements and direct debit systems, as well as the UK’s network of nearly 60,000 ATMs. We process over 90 percent of salaries, more than 70 percent of household bills and almost all state benefits! In 2017, we became part of the Mastercard family, joining one of the most widely recognised and respected technology companies in the world. Together, we’re making payments safer, simpler and smarter.
About the role
Working as part of a team to ensure that Settlement, Reconciliation and Disputes are processed and managed on behalf of the Link Scheme and Independent ATM Customers.
A high focus on detail and working to tight deadlines, SLAs and KPIs within a financial services business area.
• Preparing and Sending the Link Scheme Settlement Instructions for the Bank of England to Process
• Checking all Settlement figures within area of responsibility, ensuring that reports balance correctly
• Advising customers of their settlement positions and performing transfers of funds
• Supporting customers and ensuring that they adhere to payment deadlines and protocols and resolving any discrepancies
• Completion of all post settlement activities for customers in accordance with prescribed service level agreements and procedures
• Completion and distribution of reconciliation reports within contractual deadlines.
• Providing weekly and monthly statistical information and reports to customers
• Escalation of any discrepancies and disputes, and actively seeking solutions on behalf of members
• Checking and monitoring file transfers, resolving any discrepancies through liaison with technical teams and escalating issues in accordance with set procedures
• Preparing and Processing ATM disputes through the whole life-cycle of the claim,
• Assisting with updating of departmental procedures for new/improved processes as required
• Performing any other miscellaneous tasks and duties in line with the needs of the Department.
All About You
• Ability to manage time critical and deadline orientated workload
• Experience within a Customer Service environment
• Demonstrable organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Ability to work well within a team and on own initiative
• IT literacy, in particular MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Diligent with excellent attention to detail
• Positive, with the ability to motivate others
• Good understanding of the ATM and Mobile products offered by VocaLink
• Knowledge of VocaLink’s technical landscape
• Previous Experience in the Financial Services or similar Industry
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136113