MasterCard Senior Systems platform engineer-2 in Harrogate, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Systems platform engineer-2
As a Cloud Infrastructure systems platform engineer you would be focused on build, implementation and support of Mastercard ONE (RTP & Applications) cloud platforms (Azure, Azure Stack and/or AWS).
The role requires a focus on service to ensure that all SLA’s and availability targets are met.
The role also requires thought leadership and an ability to drive IT initiatives that continually improve our efficiency, agility, performance, availability and operational excellence.
• Deploy solutions in public, private, and hybrid clouds
• Develops, builds, and maintains Cloud infrastructure & platforms
• Implements solutions to manage Mastercard’s Azure and/or AWS via code.
• Performs software implementations to optimize system/platform performance, efficiency, and capacity; may guide others on implementation and troubleshoot activities.
• Supports holistic platform security posture which includes identifying risks, escalating potential concerns, and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Build, improve and drive security monitoring and security automation.
• Drafts and reviews status reports and troubleshooting guides, carrying out project plans to ensure project milestones are met and progress is successfully communicated
• Develops configuration, process, and procedure standards to support moderate to complex operational and engineering activities
• Successful track record developing and maintaining complex platform solutions
• Active participant in global technical communities (e.g., Tech Leadership Network)
• Experience with Azure and/or AWS infrastructure management and automation
• Experience operating within a regulated industry.
• Experience with software deployment and configuration automation
• Working experience in a modern development environment, with automation pipelines and Infrastructure as a Code.
• Solid understanding of Cyber security concepts, including threats, vulnerabilities, security operations, encryption, boundary defence, authentication and risk management
• Successfully contributed to continuous process improvement initiatives and automation activities
• Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
Technical and Professional Skills:-
• Significant experience with Azure and/or AWS - Advanced
• Cloud certification - MCSE Cloud Platform, AWS Certified Solutions Architect
• Understanding of security concepts and passion for apply it to Cloud Infrastructure - Advanced
• Experience with Unix/Linux administration and troubleshooting – Advanced
• Understanding of Networking & common protocols – Advanced
• Understanding of Agile / Scrum / Kanban / ITIL / Service Management – Intermediate
• Familiarity with Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence) – Intermediate
• Automation and exposure to scripting (Bash, Python, PowerShell) – Intermediate
• DevOps Tooling (Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Terraform, Azure DevOps) – Intermediate
• Business acumen – Intermediate
• Commercial focus – Intermediate
• Communication skills – Intermediate
• Azure experience
• Azure Portal, Virtual Machines & Scale sets
• Azure Networking – Virtual Network, NAT, VPN, DNS, Expressroute, Load Balancers, VNET peering)
• Azure Authentication - Active Directory (AAD) and RBAC
• Azure Policy & Management groups, Subscriptions mgmt.
• Azure Security - Defender, Threat protection, DDos, WAF, Key Vault
• Azure Advisor
• Azure Cost Management and Billing
• Azure Blueprints, Landing Zones, Cloud Adoption Framework, Well Architected Review
• Azure Monitor, Activity Log, Application insights
• Azure Blob, File
• Azure DevOps
• Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) and Containers / Docker knowledge
• Azure Stack
• AWS experience
• AWS Management Portal, EC2 & Auto Scaling
• AWS Networking – VPC, NAT, VPN, Route 53, Direct Connect, Load Balancers, VPC peering)
• AWS Authentication - IAM, MFA & Directory service
• AWS Organisations,
• AWS Security - Inspector, GuardDuty, Shield, WAF, KMS
• AWS Trusted Advisor
• AWS Billing and cost management
• AWS Control Tower, Well Architected Tool
• Aws System Manager, CloudTrail, Cloudwatch
• AWS EBS, S3 & File
• AWS CodeDeploy/Commit
• AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) and Containers / Docker knowledge
• AWS outpost
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-175344