MasterCard Senior Reliability Engineer in Harrogate, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Reliability Engineer
The UK Operations SRE team within VocaLink Mastercard are looking for an experienced SRE Engineer to provide 2nd Line and 3rd Line Technical Support for UK payment services.
Ideal candidates will have expertise in support & development of robust Java/JEE applications and PL/SQL. The candidate will be expected to display a high level of technical knowledge and leadership skills.
You are a SRE specialist skilled in the cultural and technical principles & practices with experience of implementing SRE approach and associated tools within an organisation.
You have a desire to continually improve your own skills and the ability to transfer those skills to others. You look for efficiencies, optimisations, and ways to improve through automation.
You will be part of a team who work together to deliver complex projects through agile methodologies.
• Uses technical skills to review code, troubleshoot, and execute virtualisation and integration strategies while focusing on security, reliability, and scalability of the solution; Able to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line support. On-call support will be required on a rotational basis.
• Manages platform systems to ensure reliability and security through the support and maintenance of existing systems; develops, selects, and implements systems enhancements
• Uses working knowledge of automation design and infrastructure to determine what to automate and perform large-scale sustainable, intelligent automation in a cross-functional environment
• Assists with input into design of automation for full infrastructure deployment; assists with review of and tests for compatibility and integration processes needed to connect with other devices
• Code development and day-to-day support duties
• Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees
• Knowledge and expertise in use of RDBMS technologies
• Knowledge and expertise in use of Core Java SE and Java EE (JEE) technologies
• Knowledge and expertise in designing, executing and analysing results of functional and non-functional test cases, including system performance tests. Experience in design and development of Test Automation frameworks.
• Experience in use of Web-services based on SOAP / REST, and an appreciation of RESTful Design Principles and RESTful APIs (including how to make them secure).
• Experience in use of JEE compliant servers (e.g. Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, etc.)
• Experience of working with Maven & Git
• Database schema design and query optimization for RDBMSs
• Experience with Oracle AQ
• knowledge and expertise in use of Spring framework, including Spring Core, Spring Security, Spring-Boot and Spring MVC.
• Knowledge of deployment automation tools such as Ansible
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a Computer Science related subject
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-133870