MasterCard Security Monitoring and Response Analyst in Harrogate, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Security Monitoring and Response Analyst
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Security Operations Defense and Automation (SODA) team is looking for a Security Monitoring and Response Analyst to support and drive maturity of security products as well as contribute to supporting the remainder of the SODA security tool portfolio. The ideal candidate is passionate about securing Mastercard, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. The role requires a blend of cybersecurity experience and communication skills in order to protect Mastercard assets and provide support for Mastercard associates.
In this highly visible position, you will:
• Design, implementation, and enforcement of security policies that protect systems and data from access by unauthorised users
• Assess security risks, recommend, and implement improvements within the security toolset to reduce vulnerability
• Implement signatures and settings for detection, identification, and reporting of possible cyber-attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities
• Guide security solutions that meet security monitoring and response standards
• Work closely with the Security Operations Center and other Vocalink and Mastercard teams to deploy secure configurations based on current threats
• Provide engineering-level troubleshooting in the case of user or company impact
• Support the Security Operations Centre during event analysis and investigation, acting as an SME for security tooling.
All About You
Essential requirements of candidates:
• Knowledge of network security technologies (Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, Web Proxy, eMail Antivirus, network malware detection etc.)
• Knowledge of endpoint security technologies (Antivirus, EDR Platforms, File Integrity Monitoring, etc.)
• Knowledge of operating and using SIEM technology
• Understanding of TCP/IP, Mitre ATT&CK, Kill Chain, Vulnerability Management and Networking principles
• Experience with Windows, Unix Based Operating Systems, and/or Cloud Security fundementals
• Strong problem-solving skills to effectively research investigate and offer solutions to issues that are more complex and difficult in nature
• Be skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
• Proactively strive for better visibility and security
• Previous Security Operations Center experience a plus
• Degree in a related field desirable (or certifications and comparable experience)
• It is expected that the successful candidate will obtain National Security vetting
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-153283