MasterCard Security GRC Director in Harrogate, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Security GRC Director
The Security GRC Director will take responsibility of Governance, Risk and Controls Frameworks, and their assessments, as well as be responsible for driving policy and standards across the whole of the Vocalink Limited Business. The Security GRC Director will also be responsible for aligning Vocalink Limited and Mastercard security policies wherever possible. In addition, the role will also be responsible for broader Security GRC reporting.
The role will also ensure security policies are kept up to date as the business expands and the policies remain fit for purpose as processes and technologies change. The role will also ensure that security frameworks are in place to identify and remediate risk and control gaps.
• Lead on the creation and maintenance of all Vocalink security policies to ensure policies cover all security requirements.
• Lead on the creation and maintenance of risk and control frameworks to drive the creation of robust security controls.
• Lead on the enhancement of Security GRC reporting with a focus on Risk.
• Supports leadership, leveraging a solid understanding of industry audit and compliance standards and internal control concepts and principles, risks and regulations.
• Manages cross-functional initiatives to deliver on risk and framework goals, policies and procedures.
• Understanding of Security Governance, Risk and Compliance roles and responsibilities.
• Understanding of a broad range of framework including ISO 27001 and PCI DSS requirements.
• Understanding of Information Security best practice.
• Understanding of security risk assessment and management techniques and methods.
• Knowledge of ISMS, policies and procedures
• Broad knowledge on all areas of security.
• Ability to work autonomously with accountability.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to influence and motivate others to achieve security objectives.
• Security-focused analytical skills.
• Communication skills, including report writing and telephone work.
• Diligent and thorough approach to problem solving.
• Ability to resolve varied and complex compliance issues.
Job Specific Experiences
• Experience on creating, developing and enhancing security policies to ensure they stay up-to-date and meet all business requirements.
• Experience of working with a broad range or security frameworks.
• Experience of rolling out and implementing a new Security framework into the business.
• Experience of tools and techniques that support the identification and monitoring or security standards and controls.
• Experience of a range of methods to compile and report on risk and controls.
• Experience performing control assessments.
• Experience performing data analytics to support risk and control assessments.
• Experience of working with internal and external audit teams.
• Experience of a broad range of GRC technologies and toolsets.
• Experience delivering presentations and engaging with senior leadership.
• Experience growing and motivating a team; coaches members through career milestones and progression.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120119