MasterCard Release and Implementation Manager in Harrogate, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Release and Implementation Manager
Payments play a critical role in delivering the right outcomes for our customers. At Vocalink we believe in providing customers with the ability to make payments the way they want, on time, every time, safely and commercially 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Operations Release & Implementation Manager forms part of the Service Assurance team which ensures changes into Production follow the appropriate testing and governance to ensure Live Services are protected.
The primary responsibilities of the Operations Release & Implementation Manager are to ensure Operational requirements are delivered and validated through the project lifecycle and to facilitate the delivery of major change through leading successful implementations whilst reducing Operational risk.
Release & Implementation
• Responsible for ensuring projects/changes are implemented within contractual obligations and regulatory requirements
• Assist with management of the work schedule, provide realistic Implementation dates and ensure clashes or change of resources are managed
• Create and manage the Implementation plans, both in the live environments and where applicable, the test environments
• Facilitate implementation planning and walkthrough meetings with all required stakeholders to ensure all participants understand and agree the implementation strategy and sequence of events
• Manage all internal communications with implementation resources and management as to the progress of the Implementation
• Manage the required regression activities should an unresolvable issue be encountered during a deployment to ensure the live services are brought back to a position of BAU as quickly as possible
• Assist to facilitate risk workshops, where required, to ensure that all risk is understood, documented and wherever possible mitigated
• Assist with the Schedule and Implementation of planned DR failover tests
• Ensure lessons learned are captured and managed through to closure. Identify and manage CSIP’s to prevent re-occurrence
Service Integration Management
• Responsible for participating fully in the Project Lifecycle and working closely with the Project Manager to ensure Service requirements are fully captured and recorded in the Project Plan
• Co-ordinate the estimation of resource effort for Service Operations for new business and changes to existing services
• Responsible for the production and delivery of acceptance into service criteria on behalf of Operations
• Responsible for making informed decisions and problem solving on behalf of Operations
• Act as the primary interface between the project team and Operations to provide a single point of contact/escalation point and consistent management of risks and issues
• Ensure Operations have the necessary resource, training, tools, documentation and processes to support the Service
• Responsible for managing Go/No Go meetings to present project status, risks and issues in order to obtain Operational acceptance to proceed with a deployment
• Responsible for defining and managing the Warranty period until all exit from warranty criteria is accepted by the Service Integration Manager on behalf of Operations
There is a requirement to work one or two weekends per month
All About You
• Release, Implementation & Service Transition experience
• Strong customer focus
• Ability to organise and facilitate key stakeholder meetings and workshops as required
• Experience with decision making in a highly pressurised environment
• Ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple simultaneous streams of work
• Embodies and demonstrates all of VocaLinks values
• Understands organisational resources, priorities, needs and policies
• Willingness to travel between Vocalink sites where required
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Proactive approach and the ability to work through problems to provide options & solutions
• Strong collaborative teamwork
• Disciplined and professional approach – ability to work autonomously and prioritise work load
• Highly motivated self-starter. Creative and constructive open-minded thinker.
• Self-confidence – easily establishes relationships with others. Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-78387