MasterCard Lead Security Architect in Harrogate, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Security Architect
Mastercard are looking for a Lead Secure Technical Design Architect based in London. This is an exciting position within Vocalink which is building strategic products that are used across the organisation.
The person will strongly influence the security of products within Mastercard and work with many stakeholders to ensure security is built-in to our services.
• Deliver a quality service within the enterprise
• Contribute to maturing the security architecture team, building skills, improving consistency and allowing scalability.
• Guide product and business teams on security best practices, and Corporate Security policies and procedures to ensure secure products are released
• Provide assurance that products are developed and deployed with the right balance of security to protect against threats to the business, built upon reliable processes and procedures.
• Influence the future architecture of Mastercard products and environments as we expands into additional markets.
• Develop and improve security standards and frameworks to meet the future needs of Mastercard.
• Maintain close relationships and influence other technology, product and risk teams across the organisation to align with the strategic direction.
• Engage with external customers and regulators to demonstrate that processes meet their requirements.
All About You
• Strong security mindset.
• Broad security experience with a combination of technology involvement, business knowledge and risk awareness.
• Demonstrated ability to impact security architecture and engineering decisions for critical business services.
• Natural ability to negotiate with business to balance risk with business opportunity, while ensuring ongoing compliance and regulatory needs.
• Knowledge of current security best practices, common exploits, and threat landscape.
• Experience working with a range of security governance frameworks and standards, such as ISO27001, NIST SP800-53, PCI-DSS etc.
• Confident in providing technical guidance to team members for complex decisions including cryptography, network design, application security, data protection, identity and access management etc.
• Ability to technically understand the tasks at hand and ask challenging questions to make sure that objectives are being executed efficiently
• Ideally has experience of various areas of technology such as software development, architecture, network security, security testing, risk management etc.
• Motivated self-starter with agility, ability to manage ambiguity, deal with and anticipate change, while still meeting business objectives.
• Adaptive communication skills to influence cross functionally without direct authority, comfortable speaking with customers and business partners at all levels. Effectively translate security and risk management terminology into business terms.
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to identify key issues, structure analysis and synthesize large amounts of data, and provide recommendations effectively
• Well organised to deliver successfully, and demonstrates getting work done through others, and managing reliable work processes for a quality service.
• Security qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-153285