MasterCard Lead Infrastructure Architect in Harrogate, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Infrastructure Architect
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society. Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
The Architecture and Emerging Technology team is responsible for Business Engagement, Service Design, Full-Stack Technology Architecture and Vendor Engagement across Service Operations.
As part of the overall Architecture family, the Infrastructure Solution practice is responsible for ensuring the successful design and deployment of Mastercard products on a global scale in both private and public cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a proven SME with strong leadership skills and a demonstrable track record in building secure cloud-native infrastructure and platform solutions that support highly available real-time payments architectures. A detailed knowledge of Public Cloud services, with an excellent understanding of implementing application, operational, client and product requirements is required
Have you lead a cross-functional team to deliver cloud-native infrastructure solutions? Can you leverage new cloud technologies and open source, software-based solutions to reduce time-to-market and drive adoption across the organization?
Have you elaborated multi-region, secure, private and public cloud solutions that support high uptime operational service levels that covers: availability, resiliencey, scaleability, data loss prevention, full-stack observability and security-in-depth?
Do you possess cloud engineering skills, and the confidence in them, to manage x-functional teams of DevSecOps platform engineers, BizOps practitioners and application software engineers in the maturation of strategic SDLC and IAC eco-systems?
• Lead initiation, design, and delivery of cloud infrastructure to fulfil internal and external customer requirements
• Provide technical thought leadership around cloud strategy, advising and guiding teams on cloud-native best practices, proven design patterns, and establishing roadmaps for adoption
• Develop complex systems and/or platform problem resolutions, along with any software, hardware and cloud service solutions in addressing technical issues
• Be customer facing within a sales support or technical consultancy role
• Provide architectural governance to Mastercard product teams that are building cloud-compliant or cloud-native applications
• Work with DevSecOps technology functions in building resilient and reliable cloud platform deployments
• Understand and manage stakeholder expectations at a senior level; provide clear choices and recommendations that enable both business and technical decision making
• Work with Programme and Project Management to prepare infrastructure delivery roadmaps, ensuring all activities and tasks are identified, prioritized and re-prioritised when required
• Support Mastercard’s international pre-sales activities, understanding customer requirements and aligning them to Mastercard’s suite of technical capabilities, products and services
• Design and implement process improvements that identify and develop opportunities for automation and/or reduction in deployment timescales
• Collaborate effectively with the various engineering and DevOps functions, developing blueprints, standards and technology roadmaps that are aligned to cloud and IT strategy
All About You
• Strong understanding of Azure cloud service offerings and the trade-offs between using cloud-native resources vs independent technology products
• Good understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, SDN, SDS, Kafka, ElasticSearch, secrets management and API technologies, with some knowledge of other public clouds like AWS
• Good appreciation of software development practices, with some experience of coding infrastructure and leveraging APIs
• Broad knowledge and understanding of infrastructure technology stacks and enterprise platform concepts spanning: compute, network, storage, virtualisation, middleware and databases
• Strong ability to map Mastercard product offerings to infrastructure solutions, for deployments ranging from managed services running in private or public cloud, to software deliveries into customer datacentres
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to work with a diverse group of technologists and geographically distributed project teams
• Good problem diagnosis abilities, able to resolve architectural and build issues alongside multi-discipline teams
• Strong understanding of non-functional, operational and data security requirements, with the ability to design solutions to satisfy them in a pragmatic manner
• Good understanding of micro-services based architecture patterns, and how they can be most effectively supported by highly available, scalable, resilient and secure cloud-native platform and infrastructure services
• Ability to research, identify, evaluate, and assimilate new, emerging, or maturing technologies to meet a set of requirements, or to continuously improve and optimise existing platforms, processes, standards and/or design patterns
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139902