MasterCard Customer Operations Manager in Harrogate, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Customer Operations Manager
Payments play a critical role in delivering the right outcomes for our customers. At Vocalink we believe in providing customers with the ability to make payments the way they want, on time, every time, safely
and commercially 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Customer Operations Manager owns the day-to-day, end-to-end delivery of the services to the various Schemes and Customers. The aim is to safeguard the services against risk, manage incidents, and continually strive to improve the customer proposition.
The Customer Operations Manager is a key point of reference in relation to operational questions / queries for both internal and external customers, and therefore must have thorough knowledge of the services and their customer base, including the customers’ objectives.
The Customer Operations Manager will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, professionally representing Vocalink at operational industry meetings, lobbying and ensuring appropriate information is shared and justified where appropriate, whilst protecting the Vocalink brand.
The Customer Operations Manager will work closely with the Relationship and Product Managers to ensure seamless customer interaction.
The Customer Operations Manager will be responsible for the following:
Delivery of Service
• Ensuring that the delivery of the services meet or exceed contractual obligations
• Act as an escalation point for the management of incidents through to resolution. This includes working as part of a 24/7 on call team. On call duties are shared with the Senior Customer Operations Manager on a rota basis.
• Management of external communications relating to Vocalink and Customer owned Major Incidents. Provision of customer specific insight to the Major Incident Manager in support of the Service Delivery Manager.
• Supports the Customer Relationship Manager in ensuring the department retains the necessary levels of operational and support capabilities to meet its delivery obligations (People, Process, Products, Partners). To work with colleagues in forecasting service capacity demands on IT and the business area
• Work with colleagues and other stakeholders across the industry to identify and drive delivery of Service Improvements demonstrating clear benefit (customer, cost, risk mitigation etc.)
• Assist with contract reviews / tenders, SLA negotiation, monitoring and reporting.
• Assist the customer with their annual audits
• Understand the change and release portfolio, ensuring impact on day to day operations and availability of the service is minimised
• Review the change landscape across the Payments Industry to ensure that Vocalink is protected and the risks mitigated
• Communication from the point of implementation of releases to the Schemes and their participants
• Communication of all operational changes to the relevant Schemes and Customers, and internal stakeholders
• Responsible for the communication of Vocalink Maintenance activities in accordance with the relevant contractual timescales where applicable.
• Manage customer reviews supported by Customer Relationship Managers, including process owners, and technical groups with the objective of building effective operational relationships
• Manage multiple operational relationships, managing the day to day SLAs and recognising commercial opportunities, service improvements and risk mitigation
• Conduct regular meetings with internal stakeholders to promote the services and identify potential improvements and risks
• Ensure preventative root cause analysis identifying all lessons learned from service incidents are fed into ongoing quality improvement plans
• Ensures that audit actions are actively responded to within appropriate timelines according to exposure/risk.
• Ensure risks identified within the Service are raised as appropriate, review existing risks on a regular basis ensuring all actions are completed and updated in a timely manner
• To provide and present management reporting to stakeholders and Senior Management as required
• Provide insight and positively contribute to CSIP initiatives
• As a member of the Service Delivery Authority team, will represent the needs of the department at internal meetings
• To bridge the gap between the service and technical delivery teams and the customers.
All about You
• Experience in a customer facing role
• Service Management experience
• Understanding of the Financial Services Industry to include industry objectives and how the service is critical to those objectives
• Be able to build and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
• Experience of decision making in a highly pressurised environment
• Have significant experience of negotiating and influencing effectively at all levels, presenting well and portraying a professional image both internally and externally
• Have strong communication skills with the ability to interpret and present technical information into business language.
Be able to produce compelling papers around critical business issues, to a standard which is appropriate for communication to Directorate level
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-78187