MasterCard Vice President, Product Development, AI Garage @ Gurgaon in Gurgaon, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Product Development, AI Garage @ Gurgaon
AI Garage is responsible for establishing Mastercard as an AI powerhouse. AI will be leveraged and implemented at scale within Mastercard providing a foundational, competitive advantage for the future. All internal processes, all products and services will be enabled by AI continuously advancing our value proposition, consumer experience, and efficiency.
Lead Mastercard's AI Garage @ Gurgaon, a newly created strategic business unit within Mastercard, responsible for recruiting, developing, and managing a team of Data Science professionals with expertise in AI committed to securing Mastercard's competitive advantage by embedding AI into all elements of Mastercard's products and operations.
• Lead the AI Garage @ Gurgoan as a subject matter expert, responsible for end-to end ownership and execution of assigned AI responsibilities
• Define and develop the optimal approach to scale AI at Mastercard
• Ensure all AI solution development is in line with industry standards for data management and privacy compliance including the collection, use, storage, access, retention, output, reporting, and quality of data at Mastercard
• Evaluate new tools and technologies to be adopted capable of advancing Mastercard's AI agenda
• Support the integration of external AI toolkit providers into Mastercard’s environment
• Partner with technical teams to implement developed solutions/applications in production environment
• Recruit and coach AI talent to develop the next generation of leaders at Mastercard
• Develop a learning culture continuously advancing AI capabilities
• Some international travel required.
All About You
• Proven track record of developing and implementing AI strategies at scale, solving identified business problems and achieving optimization in the product development and management lifecycle in addition to operational efficiencies
• Demonstrated leader capable of executing the AI agenda while managing complex variables including Information and Data Governance, Data Management, Information Security, Privacy & Compliance, Content Life cycle Management, and Records Retention
• Experience managing and leading a global team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers in the fields of machine learning, artificial intelligence, deep learning and cloud technologies executing on established use cases advancing a company rooted in innovative practices
• 15+ years of experience in the Data Sciences field with a focus on AI strategy and execution, developing solutions from scratch, and building local and global teams
• Distinguished leader in the Data Sciences with an elevated profile and established credibility in the field, including the authoring of AI publications, keynote speaking experience, and other intangible contributions including patent submissions and leading start-ups
• Prior experience leading and developing high performing teams with an emphasis on execution and through-put
• Demonstrated passion for AI
• Extensive experience with:
o Deep Learning algorithm techniques, open source tools and technologies, statistical tools, and programming environments such as Python, R, and SQL
o Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, GPU Clusters for deep learning
o Classical Machine Learning Algorithms like Logistic Regression, Decision trees, Clustering (K-means, Hierarchical and Self-organizing Maps), TSNE, PCA, Bayesian models, Time Series ARIMA/ARMA, Recommender Systems - Collaborative Filtering, FPMC, FISM, Fossil
o Deep Learning algorithm techniques like Random Forest, GBM, KNN, SVM, Bayesian, Text Mining techniques, Multilayer Perceptron, Neural Networks – Feedforward, CNN, LSTM’s GRU’s is a plus. Optimization techniques – Activity regularization (L1 and L2), Adam, Adagrad, Adadelta concepts; Cost Functions in Neural Nets – Contrastive Loss, Hinge Loss, Binary Cross entropy, Categorical Cross entropy; developed applications in KRR, NLP, Speech and Image processing
o Deep Learning frameworks for Production Systems like Tensorflow, Keras (for RPD and neural net architecture evaluation), PyTorch and Xgboost, Caffe, and Theono is a plus
• Experience using collaboration tools such as:
o Confluence (Documentation)
o Bitbucket/Stash (Code Sharing)
o Shared Folders (File Sharing)
o ALM (Project Management)
• Knowledge of payments industry a plus
• Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process is a plus
• Ability to unpack complex problems into addressable segments and evaluate AI methods most applicable to addressing the segment
• Ability to understand technical system architecture and overarching function along with interdependency elements, as well as anticipate challenges for immediate remediation
• Proven thought-leadership when evaluating business problems and architecting a cohesive solution
• Enthusiasm for Data Sciences enabling the identification, design, and deployment of optimal AI and machine learning business opportunities and the creative application of AI techniques to improve an organization's effectiveness
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Experience leading high-performing teams
• Advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative fields from top ranked institution
• Some travel required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-75778