MasterCard Specialist, Product Development in Gurgaon, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Specialist, Product Development
AI Garage is responsible for establishing Mastercard as an AI powerhouse. AI will be leveraged and implemented at scale within Mastercard providing a foundational, competitive advantage for the future. All internal processes, all products and services will be enabled by AI continuously advancing our value proposition, consumer experience, and efficiency.
Join Mastercard's AI Garage @ Gurgaon, a newly created strategic business unit executing on identified use cases for product optimization and operational efficiency securing Mastercard's competitive advantage through all things AI. The AI professional will be responsible for the creative application and execution of AI use cases, working collaboratively with other AI professionals and business stakeholders to effectively drive the AI mandate.
• Be an AI subject matter expert at Mastercard, responsible for end-to end ownership and execution of assigned AI responsibilities
• Ensure all AI solution development is in line with industry standards for data management and privacy compliance including the collection, use, storage, access, retention, output, reporting, and quality of data at Mastercard
• Adopt a pragmatic approach to AI, capable of articulating complex technical requirements in a manner this is simple and relevant to stakeholder use cases
• Gather relevant information to define the business problem interfacing with global stakeholders
• Creative thinker capable of linking AI methodologies to identified business challenges
• Identify commonalities amongst use cases enabling a microservice approach to scaling AI at Mastercard, building reusable, multi-purpose models
• Develop AI/ML solutions/applications leveraging the latest industry and academic advancements
• Leverage open and closed source technologies to solve business problems
• Ability to work cross-functionally, and across borders drawing on a broader team of colleagues to effectively execute the AI agenda
• Partner with technical teams to implement developed solutions/applications in production environment
• Support a learning culture continuously advancing AI capabilities
All About You
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality AI solutions in a matrix organization, thinking out of the box and solving hard problems while navigating through ambiguity
• 3+ years of experience in the Data Sciences field with a focus on AI strategy and execution and developing solutions from scratch
• Demonstrated expertise in the Data Sciences with established credibility in the field including patent submissions and experience working with start-ups
• Demonstrated passion for AI competing in sponsored challenges such as Kaggle
• Previous experience with or exposure to:
o Deep Learning algorithm techniques, open source tools and technologies, statistical tools, and programming environments such as Python, R, and SQL
o Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, GPU Clusters for deep learning
o Classical Machine Learning Algorithms like Logistic Regression, Decision trees, Clustering (K-means, Hierarchical and Self-organizing Maps), TSNE, PCA, Bayesian models, Time Series ARIMA/ARMA, Recommender Systems - Collaborative Filtering, FPMC, FISM, Fossil
o Deep Learning algorithm techniques like Random Forest, GBM, KNN, SVM, Bayesian, Text Mining techniques, Multilayer Perceptron, Neural Networks – Feedforward, CNN, LSTM’s GRU’s is a plus. Optimization techniques – Activity regularization (L1 and L2), Adam, Adagrad, Adadelta concepts; Cost Functions in Neural Nets – Contrastive Loss, Hinge Loss, Binary Cross entropy, Categorical Cross entropy; developed applications in KRR, NLP, Speech and Image processing
o Deep Learning frameworks for Production Systems like Tensorflow, Keras (for RPD and neural net architecture evaluation), PyTorch and Xgboost, Caffe, and Theono is a plus
• Exposure or experience using collaboration tools such as:
o Confluence (Documentation)
o Bitbucket/Stash (Code Sharing)
o Shared Folders (File Sharing)
o ALM (Project Management)
• Knowledge of payments industry a plus
• Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process is a plus
• Effective at managing and validating assumptions with key stakeholders in compressed timeframes, without hampering development momentum
• Capable of navigating a complex organization in a relentless pursuit of answers and clarity
• Enthusiasm for Data Sciences embracing the creative application of AI techniques to improve an organization's effectiveness
• Proven thought-leadership when evaluating business problems and architecting a cohesive solution
• Ability to understand technical system architecture and overarching function along with interdependency elements, as well as anticipate challenges for immediate remediation
• Ability to unpack complex problems into addressable segments and evaluate AI methods most applicable to addressing the segment
• Incredible attention to detail and focus instilling confidence without qualification in developed solutions
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in Management, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative fields desirable
• Some international travel required
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136507