MasterCard Senior Analyst, State and Local Tax in Gurgaon, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Analyst, State and Local Tax
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Senior Analyst, State Tax is responsible for state and local tax (“SALT”) compliance and state tax reporting in compliance with tax laws and regulations and maximize tax savings opportunities that contribute to shareholder value.
• Manage the preparation and review of state income and franchise tax returns and ensure timely and accurate reporting of State & Local income taxes by identifying, researching and evaluating tax positions. Prepare and review state estimated taxes.
• Assist with preparation and review of SALT sales and use tax returns and nexus studies.
• Prepare and review state income tax provision and reconcile state tax accounts.
• Support state tax audit initiatives by assisting with the preparation of response to information requests.
• Stay current with tax law changes and monitor developments in state tax law and analyze the impact to Mastercard and communicate changes with management.
• Research and analyze various SALT issues and stay up to date on post-Wayfair tax guidance and ensure compliance across the US.
• Work with internal stakeholders including HR, controllers group, and our GBSC to ensure data is received and analyzed effectively.
• Assess and maintain a strong internal control environment under Sarbanes-Oxley for all SALT processes and workstreams.
• Suggest tax process improvements to increase efficiencies.
• Maintain tax calendar to ensure timely filing obligations.
All about you
• BA Accounting; CPA preferred
• Corporate tax experience with an emphasis in income tax accounting and compliance. Large corporate experience and/or big 4 accounting background preferred.
• Technical knowledge of tax laws and regulations. State and Local focus preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manipulate large data to extract relevant information for analysis.
• Ability to organize, manage and work effectively to accomplish multiple tasks.
• Proficient in the use of tax return preparation and/or tax provision software; familiarity with CorpTax is a plus.
• Working knowledge in Hyperion and or Oracle Financial Systems is a plus.
• Experience with other technology tools including Microsoft applications and other data analytic tools such as Alteryx.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong business acumen and professionalism with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues in all functional areas of the Company.
• Ability to work in a high-performing team environment.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141643