MasterCard Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis in Gurgaon, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
• The FP&A function manages all aspects of management reporting encompassing budgeting and forecasting, strategic and customer planning for the Asia Pacific region. This includes the management and execution of the corporate reporting and planning requirements.
• This position is responsible for supporting the Director and Manager, Regional FP&A across a broad spectrum of strategic processes and initiatives while managing and executing the corporate reporting and planning requirements
• Are you attracted to working in a dynamic team with exposure to diverse geographies and business functions?
• Do you have a detail-orientated work style?
• Support the financial close process through the analysis of variances against budget, forecasts, prior year actuals, key business drivers and initiatives.
• Implement and maintain processes to ensure effective and timely generation of regional revenue forecasts and budgets.
• Develop engagement and reporting processes between RHQ, Divisions, International Markets (IMK) and various functional groups.
• Support the development of the business plans and work to develop the annual plan and budget process. Also be responsible for incorporating accurate data upload into Hyperion budgeting and forecasting tool as well as for the compilation, timely completion and submission of the Preliminary Budget Review Template and CEO Review Template to IMK.
• Generate pertinent performance information and analysis on key business drivers of revenue, expense, contra etc. Identify and communicate risks and opportunities.
• Support Preparation of management reporting packages and financial presentations for Regional Management, IMK and other ad-hoc business reviews.
• Respond promptly to ad-hoc requests for information and analysis. Develops and/or continues improve in-region and corporate financial analysis and reporting.
• Collaborate with Regional Business Development team to include the analysis of underpinning assumptions in the management reporting process.
• Provide leadership and guidance to Divisional Finance teams on use of Hyperion for revenue forecasting.
• Apply strategic understanding of business dynamics in regional markets and competitive forces in driving creative responses and formulating mitigating strategies.
• Support continuous reviews of existing processes to assess operational efficiency and development and implementation of process improvements to ensure processes meet present and anticipated needs of internal customers, members, and other stakeholders
• Support continuous reviews of existing processes to assess operational efficiency and development and implementation of process improvements to ensure that processes meet the present and anticipated needs of internal customers, members, and other stakeholders
• Specialized knowledge in management reporting - Chartered Accountant or CPA.
• Analytical. Have key insights across market opportunities.
• Broad based commercial awareness to manage risk versus return trade-offs.
• Understanding of all the commercial drivers impacting MasterCard’s business in the division (current and emerging product lines, services and programs)
Communication & Impact & Influence
• Influences and negotiates with the respective Divisional Finance teams who may have divergent objectives in relation to their respective business P&L. This involves challenging their assumptions to direct and shape their submissions
• Ensures that Finance is closely integrated with, and positively supports the business providing managers at all levels with the necessary information to make good business decisions; works with the management team in the development and implementation of short and medium term strategic and tactical plans and provide the financial input required to that process.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or MBA (CA/CPA/MBA Finance), finance or analysis with advanced knowledge and experience with all phases of financial planning and management… 3-4 years of experience
Good knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and experience with financial systems/applications (e.g. Hyperion and Oracle)
Strong analytical and proven problem solving skills
Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating in a team environment.
Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
Ability to manage multiple activities of different nature in a condensed timeframe
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Broad understanding of all the different areas of finance
Good understanding of reporting, forecasting and budgeting techniques.
Strong strategic thinking and business understanding.
Strong relationship management and networking skills.
Key Success Factors of the Role Holder:
• High intellect with good commercial acumen and a creative approach to problem solving.
• Good influencing skills, she/he must be able to communicate and present to the management team, she/he must also be persuasive with a considerate but firm touch.
• Assertive, adaptable and resilient team leader able to work with different personalities.
• Good work ethics, hands-on, meticulous, but also be able to step back and see the bigger strategic picture.
• Ambitious, highly driven and motivated.
• An agent of change.
• Maturity to challenge ideas and balance opportunities and threats.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-183853