MasterCard Senior Analyst, Data Unification & Analytics in Gurgaon, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Analyst, Data Unification & Analytics
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Cyber & Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team is responsible for product management and innovative product development of products and services to address the evolving risk and security needs of all of Mastercard’s various customer segments. Cyber Product Integration team in C&I focuses on defining the strategic direction for underlying platforms to enable the successful implementation of real-time, data-driven innovative products and services focused on network, security, fraud, digital identity and authentication. The team is responsible to look across all the products/services across C&I and drive efficiency, re-usability and increase speed to market for our products and services.
The candidate for this position will focus on Data Unification across different data assets, enabling a single unified view of data from multiple sources and support the development of new innovative data driven cyber products, services and actionable insights.
We are seeking an Analyst, Data Unification & Analytics who will:
• Perform data ingestion, aggregation, processing to drive and enable relevant insights from available data sets.
• Partner with various teams (i.e., Product Manager, Data Science, Platform Strategy, Technology) on data needs/requirements in order to deliver data solutions that generate business value.
• Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques.
• Identify innovative ideas and deliver proof of concepts, prototypes to deliver against the existing and future needs and propose new products, services and enhancements.
• Integrate new data assets which increase the value proposition for our customers and enhance our existing solutions and services.
• Analyse large volumes of transaction and product data to generate insights and actionable recommendations to drive business growth
• Collect and synthesize feedback from clients, development, product and sales teams for new solutions or product enhancements.
• Apply knowledge of metrics, measurements, and benchmarking to complex and demanding solutions.
All about You
• Good understanding of Python – Pandas, Numpy, PySpark and Impala.
• Experience in doing extraction and data analysis on Hadoop.
• Strong SQL and higher-level programming languages with solid knowledge of data mining, machine learning algorithms and tools
• Experience with Enterprise Business Intelligence Platform/Data platform.
• Experience with data integration tools – ETL/ELT tools (i.e. Apache NiFi, Azure Data Factory, Pentaho, Talend)
• Experience with Graph Database is a plus.
• Experience in Business Intelligence Tools like Tableau, Qlikview, Cognos etc. is a plus
• Experience in hands-on data modeling, programming, querying, data mining and report development using large volumes of granular data to deliver business intelligence and custom reporting solutions.
• Exposure to collecting and/or working with data including standardizing, summarizing, offering initial observations and highlighting inconsistencies.
• Strong understanding of the application of analytical methods and data visualization to support business decisions.
• Ability to understand complex operational systems and analytics/business intelligence tools for the delivery of information products and analytical offerings to a large, global user base.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment as part of a team and as an individual contributor
• Ability to easily move between business, analytical, and technical teams and articulate solution requirements for each group
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129302