MasterCard Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis (NAM) in Gurgaon, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis (NAM)
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The US Customer Planning function serves as the finance business partner to the US Issuer, Merchant Development and Digital Partnership account teams and is a member of the broader North America Regional Finance team.
The Manager position is responsible for all aspects of management reporting encompassing budgeting and forecasting, strategic and customer planning. This includes the management and execution of the corporate reporting and planning requirements.
• Lead the financial close process through the analysis of customer-level variances against budget, forecasts, prior year actuals, encompassing volume, revenue, customer incentives and expenses.
• Review and provide thoughtful business-driven commentary to NAM (North America Markets) Finance management team.
• Drive the development of the customer-level annual plan/budget and monthly forecast cycles.
• Manage and create standardized financial reporting packages that will help drive and support the business, inclusive of customer metrics/KPIs and revenue generation initiatives. Identify and communicate revenue risks and opportunities and review and respond promptly to ad-hoc requests for information and analysis
• Drive Mastercard strategic plans by providing relevant customer-level financial analytics and business insights to key stakeholders, while developing robust tracking mechanisms.
• Develop periodic and ad-hoc financial insights for US customer account teams.
• Execute on financial process improvements by building and maintaining financial tools to perform analysis and modeling.
• Leverage automation to create more efficient methods of delivering insights to business stakeholders.
• Guide and Mentor the team.
All About You:
• Educational qualification - Chartered Accountant or CPA or MBA Finance
• Experience in varied financial roles with advanced knowledge and experience with all phases of financial planning and management
• Good knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and experience with financial systems/applications (e.g. Hyperion and Oracle)
• Good understanding of reporting, forecasting and budgeting techniques.
• Strong analytical and proven problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating in a team environment.
• Good influencing skills, she/he must be able to communicate and present to the management team, she/he must also be persuasive with a considerate but firm touch
• Good work ethics, hands-on, meticulous, but also be able to step back and see the bigger strategic picture.
• Strong relationship management and networking skills.
• Maturity to challenge ideas and balance opportunities and threats.
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
• Ability to manage multiple activities of different nature in a condensed timeframe
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-176351