MasterCard Manager, Data Engineering in Gurgaon, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Data Engineering
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
The Business Insights & Productivity team is focused on ensuring that all of Data & Services can make data-driven decisions and operate effectively and efficiently. As a member of the Data Engineering team, you will be responsible for managing the acquisition, integration and transformation of data pulled from internal tools and systems to help us make better, faster decisions using data, analytics and technology.
• Independently lead projects through design, implementation, automation, and maintenance for large scale ETL processes supporting multiple business units
• Leverage industry best practices including proper use of source control, participation in code reviews, data validation and testing
• Implement best practices in Data Governance to ensure the data is available, usable and secure according to internal policies
• Build trust-based working relationships with peers and clients across local and global teams
• Act as an expert technical resource within the team and region
• Play a lead role where you oversee the activities of other Data Engineers on the team and ensure the efficient execution of their duties
• Act as an advisor/mentor and help in managing careers for junior team members
All About You
• Superior academic record with a degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research) or related technical field
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
• Expertise with Relational Database Management systems and technologies, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server and the SSIS stack. Experience with Alteryx is a plus.
• Ability to easily move between business, data management, and technical teams; ability to quickly intuit the business use case and identify technical solutions to enable it
• Able to balance multiple projects and differing project priorities
• Flexible to work with global offices across several time zones
• Proven self-motivated leader with experience leading small project teams
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-149936