MasterCard Data Scientist I in Gurgaon, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Data Scientist I
Integrated Analytics has pioneered a transaction based revenue methodology to inform and guide Mastercard’s Strategy, Product Design and Innovation. We build internal analytic partnerships, strengthening their focus on the health of the business, portfolio and revenue optimization opportunities, initiative tracking, new product development and Go-To Market strategies.
• Are you excited about Data Assets and the value they brings to an organization?
• Are you an evangelist for data driven decision making?
• Are you motivated to be part of a Global Analytics team that builds large scale Analytical Capabilities supporting end users across 6 continents?
• Do you want to be the go-to resource for data analytics in the company?
• Work closely with global & regional teams to architect, develop, and maintain advanced reporting and data visualization capabilities on large volumes of data in order to support analytics and reporting needs across products, markets and services.
• Translate business requirements into tangible solution specifications and high quality, on time deliverables
• Create repeatable processes to support development of modeling and reporting
• Effectively use tools to manipulate large-scale databases, synthesizing data insights. Provide 1st level insights/conclusions/assessments and present findings via Tableau/PowerBI dashboards, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Apply quality control, data validation, and cleansing processes to new and existing data sources
All About You
• Experience in data management, data mining, data analytics, data reporting, data product development and quantitative analysis
• Financial Institution or a Payments experience a plus
• Experience presenting data findings in a readable and insight driven format. Experience building support decks.
• Advanced SQL coding
• Experience on Platforms/Environments: SQL Server, Microsoft BI Stack, Python
• Experience in Campaign Analytics a plus
• Experience on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) will be an added advantage
• Experience in building data models a plus
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Domo, PowerBI a plus
• Experience with Hadoop environments, plus
• Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
• In depth technical knowledge, drive and ability to learn new technologies
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Team player, excellent communication skills
• Must be able to interact with management, internal stakeholders and collect requirements
• Must be able to perform in a team, use judgment and operate under ambiguity
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, M.S./M.B.A. preferred
• Excellent English, quantitative, technical, and communication (oral/written) skills
• Analytical/Problem Solving
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Work in Global team
• Self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency
• Project Management/Risk Mitigation
• Able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128199