MasterCard Associate Analyst - Business Intelligence with Data Analytics in Gurgaon, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Associate Analyst - Business Intelligence with Data Analytics
Work closely with MasterCard Core Products team around the world to architect, develop, and maintain advanced reporting and data visualization capabilities on large volumes of data in order to support Core analytics and reporting needs of various products, markets and services.
Use knowledge of the application of business intelligence tools to provide hands-on support for information product development and custom analytical project delivery that satisfies and retains a global client base.
[Role – Business Intelligence Analyst]
The role of BI Lead encompasses the following roles and responsibilities:
• Interface with multiple stakeholders and understand business requirements and develop and implement best-in-class analytics (combining the richness of our operational data with the significance of our revenue data) to support Core Products across all products and markets.
• Translate business requirements into tangible solution specifications and high quality, on time deliverables
• Develop a detailed understanding of the Core objectives and strategies and how analytics can support each effort; generate actionable insights that aid investment decisions and support the Core objectives and strategies
• Conduct statistical analysis of large customer datasets to improve marketing, credit risk, and operational performance
• Build predictive models, customer profiles & clusters and perform retention/attrition analysis
• Support rapid prototyping and delivery of custom reporting, data visualization, and dashboard solutions by market, product, segment, issuer & portfolio (where available)
• Develop innovative solutions leveraging new analytical methodologies and tools
• Work directly with one of the world’s largest data warehouses to query and deliver optimized data extracts, data visualizations, and interactive reports to support Core products and markets, campaign/portfolio measurement, business intelligence, predictive modeling, and scoring applications.
• Develop/enhance and manage routine data, report generation, and dashboard refresh processes
• Apply quality control, data validation, and cleansing processes to new and existing data sources.
• Support User Acceptance Testing for production applications; comply with all MasterCard internal policies and external regulations
• Support a high performance workplace
• Large scale Databases: IBM Netezza, Oracle Exadata, Teradata etc. on Unix
• Platforms/Environments: SQL Server, Microsoft BI Stack OR Any other BI Platform such as Micro Strategy, Cognos etc.
• Strong querying skills with SAS, SAS-STAT, SAS-MACROS, WPS, Python, SQL
• Advanced Visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire etc.
• Strong MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-PowerPoint skills.
[All About You]
Required Experience / Knowledge / Skills
• Effectively uses tools to manipulate such large-scale databases, synthesizing data insights:
o Proficiency with SAS/SQL/Oracle/Unix and experience with relational databases, extensive data mining required
o Experience with BI tools and the MSBI Stack
o Experience with data appliances such as Netezza, a plus
• Ability to easily move between business, analytical, and technical teams and articulate solution requirements for each group
• Effectively use data mining algorithms such as, clustering, decision trees, logistic regression, ARMIA, Bayesian networks, neural networks etc.
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of innovation and successful delivery
• Strong understanding of financial reporting and analytics.
• B.A. in a Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics. M.S./M.B.A. preferred
• Excellent English, quantitative, technical, and communication (oral/written) skills
• Analytical/Problem Solving
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-58247