MasterCard Analyst- Financial, Planning and Analysis in Gurgaon, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Analyst- Financial, Planning and Analysis
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Financial Planning & Analysis function manages all aspects of management reporting encompassing budgeting and forecasting, strategic and customer planning. This includes the management and execution of the corporate reporting and planning requirements
This Sr Analyst position is responsible across a broad spectrum of strategic processes and initiatives while managing and executing the corporate reporting and planning requirements
• Support the financial close process through the analysis of variances against budget, forecasts, prior year actuals, key business drivers and initiatives. Review and provide thoughtful business driven commentary to respective management teams
• Support the development of the annual plan/budget and forecast for scheduled cycle. Also be responsible for ensuring accurate data upload into Hyperion budgeting and forecasting tool
• Manage, develop and update standardized financial reporting packages that will help drive and support the business, inclusive of business metrics/KPIs. Also identify and communicate revenue risks and opportunities and review and respond promptly to ad-hoc requests for information and analysis
• Support Mastercard strategic plans by providing relevant financial analytics and business insights to key stake-holders, while developing robust tracking mechanisms
• Apply strategic understanding of business dynamics and competitive forces in different markets and supporting business to formulate mitigating strategies
• Execute on financial process improvements by building and maintaining financial tools to perform analysis and modeling; review and create suggestions to financial systems
• Investigate and create opportunities for automation and more efficient methods of creation and delivery anticipating needs of internal customers, members, and other stakeholders
All About you:
• Educational qualification -Chartered Accountant or CPA or MBA Finance
• Experience in financial roles with advanced knowledge and experience with all phases of financial planning and management
• Good knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and experience with financial systems/applications (e.g. Hyperion and Oracle)
• Good understanding of reporting, forecasting and budgeting techniques.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating in a team environment.
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
• Ability to manage multiple activities of different nature in a condensed timeframe
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong strategic thinking and business understanding.
• Strong relationship management and networking skills.
• High intellect with good commercial acumen and a creative approach to problem solving.
• Ambitious, highly driven and motivated.
• Maturity to challenge ideas and balance opportunities and threats.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136269