MasterCard Vice President, Advanced Analytics & Prototyping, SpendingPulse in Frankfurt, Germany
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Advanced Analytics & Prototyping, SpendingPulse
All About Us:
• Who is Mastercard - What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society. Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
• Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. Client verticals include Financial Institutions, Retail & Commerce and Digital Partners, Governments and many others.
• SpendingPulse™ leverages Mastercard data to deliver timely insights and forecasts on macroeconomic trends around sales performance across sectors, geographies, and channels. These insights are the only macroeconomic indicators of industry performance based on actual, near real-time spend data. SpendingPulse™ is a global product providing sales and growth estimates across 25+ retail sectors and sub-sectors are key economies around the world.
All about the role
The Mastercard SpendingPulse product reports timely insights and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders. The analytics modelling and prototyping team oversees all new prototyping and development of new reports, vertical and geographies as well as all production efforts.
The candidate is responsible for the development and improvement of the models across the entire pipeline – from data ingestion to statistical modeling and communicating the results to key stakeholders.
The group analyzes & synthesizes data sets both from within Mastercard and beyond to bring powerful insights to life
Key responsibilities include:
• lead the design & refinement key economic and financial market dashboards and models, while guiding the maintenance and updates to our global product suite
• guide the development new insights and reports in new markets, in particular in Europe and AP
• play a pivotal role in helping shape the data science discipline and philosophy for the group with other team members
• oversee the improvement of our modelling approaches, variables selection as well as back testing strategies
• play an integral part in defining and executing the teams data strategy
• lead the development and deployment of machine learning (supervised and unsupervised), NLP, time series analysis, and text analysis on economic and financial data sets
• develop different algorithms to answer specific business questions and address custom client needs
• research and integrate econometric and statistical models as needed to create insights and compelling visualizations of data trends to develop interactive solutions and presentations for customers
• be proficient in translating business vision and specifications into data specifications, clear data structure and eventually a usable data set/model/forecast to either explore and/or create visualizations that bring the insights to life
• participate in every stage of a project - even for stages they are not directly responsible for - from briefing to ideation, to content development to draft/prototyping, testing, feedback collection and finalization
All about you
• You are uniquely capable of both articulating the economic trends that you observe as well as leveraging the right tools and solutions to bring these concepts to life.
• Quantitative modeling experience 10-12 years, ideally in a tech, research or geo spatial or finance field
• Creative & passionate about statistics/math, economics, data, technology and its applications
• A solid foundation in different modeling approaches and demonstrated success in managing large models and datasets
• High level of proficiency with excel, VBA a plus
• Advanced coding abilities in R and a passion for programming, familiarity with other programming languages (python, pyspark or scala) and big data engineering, is a plus.
• A demonstrated interest in machine learning methods and statistics with the ability to communicate models in a non-technical manner
• Solid foundation in economics with an advanced degree in math/statistics/quantitative field
• Strong collaborator and independent thinker and able to oversee and lead other modelers and multiple projects
• Proven ability to take customer needs and translate into analytical requirements
• Experience with incorporating new modeling & AI approaches
• Proven record of creativity/innovation/unorthodox thinking in data science/coding/a related field
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and fluid environment, staying calm under pressure
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121932