MasterCard Strategy Consultant, Advisors in Frankfurt, Germany
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Strategy Consultant, Advisors
Consultant, Advisors, Delivery, Data & Services
• Are you a strategic thinker?
• Do you welcome challenges and have a solution-oriented mindset?
• Do you thrive taking over responsibility in teams and partnering with clients to drive innovation, impact, and value?
If so, Mastercard Data & Services is looking for people like you to join our growing team in Frankfurt. Reach out to us to find out more about the engaging and impactful career opportunities in consulting with Mastercard’s Data & Services team!
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. We combine top tier management consulting with our rich data assets, in-house technology, and payment expertise to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for impactful consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as a Consultant
As a Consultant, you will have the opportunity from day one to actively contribute to client engagements across diverse projects in the financial services and payment industry and gain unique insights into the digital innovation roadmap of various clients and Mastercard in Germany and Switzerland. A Consultant in our team:
• Contributes towards the development of strategies and programs for large, strategically important regional and global clients
• Independently identifies issues in defined area of analysis, structures analysis with oversight and synthesizes own analysis and identifies relevant implications
• Supports development of recommendations, prepares presentations, and delivers them to clients
• Understands immediate clients’ needs and agenda to provide creative inputs into projects
• Develops day-to-day working relationship with clients
• Identifies engagement risks in immediate area of responsibility
• Supports intellectual capital development from client work and incorporates insights from related intellectual capital/project initiatives
• Identifies client challenges and brings ideas on opportunities to the attention of project managers
In supporting the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will work closely with experienced multinational team members of various levels in a stimulating working environment which will encourage you to take over responsibilities. Through your work and ideas, you will contribute to the firm's intellectual capital and solution development. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future. Moreover, Mastercard will also encourage you to take over social responsibilities and help you to do so.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, with a focus on creating value for clients and Mastercard.
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win and positive attitude.
• Undergraduate or master’s degree
• First experience working in consulting
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form impactful solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Exposure specifically in payments, digital innovation and / or retail banking preferred
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and German
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with colleagues and clients
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, exposure to data analytics methods preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121073