MasterCard Manager Business Development in Frankfurt, Germany
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager Business Development
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Market Development team is looking for a Business Development Manager to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is responsible for building new business mainly - but not limited to - the fast-growing SME segment. The role is a combination of business development and account management with our international partners in the Central European payments industry. The role is strongly focused on developing innovative solutions with our new and existing client’s organizations in the traditional payment as well as in the digital segments. In order to drive the business of our clients, you will support your manager in bringing new solutions to market, reaching his / her P&L goals, developing business cases, driving customer negotiations, and executing the envisaged strategies with our clients.
Besides being a self-starter that easily connects with our partners you need to have a technological mindset and the willingness to go the extra mile with our clients to create compelling payment solutions. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
In this client-facing position, you will:
• Build and nurture trusted relationships with our new and existing international clients and become the trusted advisors on technological developments
• Develop and bring to market competitive solutions with a strong focus on user experience and innovation
• Drive new sales flows to Mastercard, revenue generation and product expertise in highly competitive space
• Close & scale - ensure P&L and tactical targets are reached
• Continuous development and execution of strategic framework for the German market, i.e. Definition of sales targets, Go-To-Market strategy, expanding Mastercard’s footprint by winning new customers or by enlarging market share in existing client base
• Manage complex future service pipeline and customized solutions to the customer, their shareholders and Mastercard
• Background in consulting, technology, and/or financial services favorable
All About You
In this role we are looking for the following experience and qualifications:
• Experience in a fast paced, technology centric environment including Payments, e-commerce, Retail, Financial Services and/or Consulting
• Entrepreneurial mindset, curiosity, can-do attitude, agility, creativity and a real team player
• Strong lead generation, industry knowledge and networking skills combined with effective commercial negotiation and closing skills
• Manage the full sales process life cycle including but not limited to:
• initial contact and lead generation
• presenting service offering
• set up and execution of requirements/scoping meetings
• assist and support formal response to any client generated RFPs
• negotiate contract pricing
• work with Legal department in contract negotiation
• work with Delivery teams to ensure the successful go-live of new clients
• ensure ongoing account management and secure sustainable success
• Strong collaborative skills will be required to obtain the support from key stakeholders across Mastercard and the client’s organization
• Proven track record in managing customer P&Ls and actively driving revenues and sales
• Ability to lead and guide customers and cross functional teams to manage projects for success
• Continually look at the market and competition to see how to leverage developments to clients advantage
• Strong Business Case (Excel) and presentation (PPT) skills
• You will be based in either Frankfurt or Munich and will need to travel within Germany
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-117537