MasterCard Government Business Development in Frankfurt, Germany
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Government Business Development
• Mastercard is dedicated to promoting inclusive growth and financial inclusion. The mandate of the Regional Government Engagement unit is to build durable, trusted relationships with key government agencies to accelerate their transition to a cashless ecosystem though digitalization, while increasing revenues and seeding new markets for Mastercard. We drive relevance and revenues in the government space by developing effective go to market campaigns supported by clear priorities, success metrics and incentives. We provide expert sales support to both country managers and local sales resources through a solid client engagement playbook approach. We guide the transition from reactive solutions sales to strategic government engagement programs. And we ensure alignment between local, regional demand and our global solutions.
• The Regional Government Engagement Manager role focuses on aligning Mastercard’s product, service and ecosystem capabilities to solve for the challenges government client face today in the areas of financial inclusion, citizen services, economic development and government operational excellence. We do this by engaging, listening and leading. Our team is comprised of industry leaders, relationship builders and deal closers. We apply Mastercard’s digital tools, business insights, last mile solutions and market organizing skills to support client success. We have a good idea what works. But we also have a passion for learning, exploring new capabilities, and applying the best methodologies and insights to the government business.
• The Government Engagement Manager is accountable for:
Orchestrating Mastercard’s engagement with market / regional government and associated agencies.
The support in the development of the market / regional government strategy, depending on the assignment given, including a list of prioritized client and solution opportunities.
The aligment of global, regional and local resources to drive execution, in close coordination with the Government Engagement Country Leads, selected Country Managers and the Mastercard Strategic Growth regional teams.
Direct engagement on key government opportunities, developing the business opportunities across the markets in the Region, assisting Government Engagement Country Leads and helping win strategic deals.
• Support the Regional Government Engagement Lead in the development and execution of the market / regional government strategy – depending on the assignment given - starting from:
Understanding local, national and regional priorities.
Engaging regional, divisional and market leadership to prioritize clients and solution opportunities. Develop a solid projects pipeline, drive conversion over time and secure revenues
Securing global, regional and local resources to execute on the plan and drive marquee wins.
Accelerate solutions deployment by providing expert sales support for marquee engagements.
Represent mayor government opportunities and projects within Strategic Growth. Drive strategic alignment.
Support the building and curation of a local community of practice. Act as first line of support for divisional presidents, country managers, Public Policy and Account Teams for thought leadership and strategic engagements.
All About You
• Experience working for or closely with government agencies, managing process improvement and transformative change initiatives, as well as proven experience in engaging very senior government leaders to build durable relations.
• Proven track in leading government projects and/or commercial deals in the assigned region, division or market
• Consultative selling focused, with deep product, services, and solutions expertise.
• Adept at interacting with senior Mastercard stakeholders in terms of engagement, communication and transparency of purpose. Can skillfully lead complex regional initiatives that require collaboration across functional, geographical and cultural lines.
• Strong gravitas, exceptional relationship management, influencing and communication skills.
• Undergraduate degree required. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126123