We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Mastercard Cyber and Intelligence (C&I) develops and delivers world-class risk, security products, and services for Mastercard customers across the globe.
The RiskRecon team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design, develop, and deliver risk assessment software solutions with a high level of innovation. The challenge is to create a high-performing platform, with compelling visualizations, and intuitive workflows that allow users to derive insights and in turn protect their assets. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
• Work closely with the Product, Design, and Backend teams, to help envision, plan and implement the user experience of our web application.
• Drive technical investments from the early exploration of ideas to delivering integral parts of our stack, balancing short-term goals with long-term architectural vision.
• Mentor others on the team to help them grow as engineers across many dimensions.
• Lead technical initiatives or feature teams by partnering with teammates across Design, Product, Data Science, and Backend Engineering to drive sophisticated features from start to finish.
• Ensure cross-browser supported and standards-compliant JS/HTML/CSS while advocating front-end best practices in design and application.
• Perform system maintenance and troubleshoot production incidents as part of an on-call support schedule.
All About You:
• 5+ years hands on experience with JS in browser or back-end and supporting JS libraries/frameworks (React, D3.js, NodeJS, Express).
• 5+ years of experience translating feature specifications and mockups into modular, standards-compliant HTML/CSS.
• Have strong systems-level thinking and can reason technically across an entire product.
• Naturally curious about the technologies you use and take initiative to dive in, ask questions, and figure things out while building those around you through mentoring, and sharing what you know.
• Possess strong leadership, project management, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Experience or knowledge in the following areas is valuable:
o Data Stores: Postgres, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Hadoop
o Languages: Elixir, Rails, Ruby, Python
o Infrastructure: AWS, Terraform
• Interest in web security and secure coding practices.
• Demonstrate Mastercard Core Competencies – trust, partnership, initiative, and agility.
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-159001