MasterCard Director, Chief of Staff Office, Data and Services in Etiler Istanbul, Turkey
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Chief of Staff Office, Data and Services
The Director, Chief of Staff Office position works with the Chief of Staff to the President, Mastercard Data and Services (D&S) to lead and support a diverse set of activities that help drive and advance the D&S business This role will help you get a deep business understanding and build relationships with stakeholders within Data and Services and the rest of Mastercard, globally. It will also help you hone your skills around executive communications, stakeholder management, dealing with ambiguity, structured thinking and information processing.
• Drive effective executive meetings/region visits: Support in organizing business reviews, leadership meetings, all-hands calls, and market visits of the D&S President. Responsibilities may include helping draft agenda, developing presentation templates, collating presentations from teams, oversight of logistics, co-ordination with in-region teams, providing high level guidance on content, etc.
• Manage the creation of presentations: Develop C-suite presentations for D&S independently including for quarterly operating reviews, speaking engagements, board preparation, etc. This could involve supporting ideation sessions, gathering information and material from D&S teams, co-ordination with cross functional teams, synthesizing relevant insights, coming up with storylines and development of the final presentation
• Support fulfilment of corporate commitments: Support completion of cycled commitments and planning tasks due for Management Committee, CEO, Board e.g., tracking progress against priorities/objectives, investor relations needs, corporate scorecard tracking, risk tracking, and more.
• Track achievement of objectives: On a periodic basis, work with senior leaders across D&S including Finance to collect and synthesize information and track progress against short term and long term objectives. Also responsible to review all team submissions and highlight gaps.
• Support special projects: Support special projects and requests, content creation, and dynamic response across a diverse set of topics and ad hoc time bound needs.
• Ability to plan, organize and structure own work and that of Analysts
• Entrepreneurial mindset and high agency: ability to tackle roadblocks through ingenuity and perseverance
• Standout content/storytelling skills (presentations, meetings, email)
• Strong stakeholder management across teams and levels
• Sense of urgency; excelling under pressure (e.g., fast turnarounds, senior leadership visibility)
• Capable project manager with ability to toggle between strategic and tactical/detail-oriented views
• Able to prioritize and manage a diverse set of competing needs
• Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
• Creative problem solving skills and passion for driving value
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Comfort in dealing with ambiguity
• 7-8 years consulting experience at a top-rated firm or equivalent business management experience and/or internal consulting experience in a major financial institution
• Advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Professional level English language capability
• Knowledge of the business and understanding of the organization will be a plus
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161227