MasterCard Systems Platform Engineer II-2 in Dunstable, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Systems Platform Engineer II-2
• To be responsible for the support of all Wintel services across Corporate 3rd line and Production 2nd and 3rd line, physical, virtual environments and data centers.
• To support all Wintel services to VocalinkMastercard standards.
• To participate in daily checks on key systems and log any issues not already logged by monitoring and alerting.
• To work through live issues call queue by order of priority and time open.
• To assist in the analysis of root causes of all major issues, planning redesigns where appropriate.
• To raise appropriate changes in order to implement resolutions and adhere to internal Change Control and ITIL standards.
• To provide operational technical knowledge at project meetings during Wintel systems project lifecycle if necessary.
• To work in partnership with 3rd party support companies to provide timely resolutions within agreed SLAs.
• To ensure that all Vocalink Wintel services remain PCI DSS compliant.
• To provide proactive monitoring of server estate to include volume and performance stats.
• To join an active on call rota to support the environment.
• To review all handover documents of systems going from project delivery into live.
• To ensure all VocaLink Wintel Servers remain patched and compliant to security standards.
• To ensure all VocaLink PVDI's & NPVDI's remain patched and compliant to security standards.
• To maintain server software licensing to ensure VocaLink remain compliant with its vendors.
• To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested.
• Builds, implements, and maintains support for Mastercard's systems/platforms for performance, efficiency, and capacity by analyzing and testing the facilities, and identifying/diagnosing performance issues (eg, middleware, compute & storage)
• Develops, builds, and maintains platform technologies and associated software products
• Performs hardware and software implementations to optimize system/platform performance, efficiency, and capacity; may guide others on implementation and troubleshooting activities
• Supports holistic platform security posture which includes identifying risks, escalating potential concerns, and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Drafts and reviews status reports and troubleshooting guides, carrying out project plans to ensure project milestones are met and progress is successfully communicated
• Develops configuration, process, and procedure standards to support moderate to complex operational and engineering activities
• Recommends and implements business and process improvements to facilitate optimal performance within area of expertise
All About You
• Successful track record developing and maintaining complex platform solutions
• Actively participates in supporting an assigned global technology domain or sub-domain, providing inputs for areas of expertise
• Active participant in global technical communities (e.g., Tech Leadership Network)
• Experience advising internal partners on moderate to complex operational and engineering activities
• Successfully contributed to continuous process improvement initiatives and automation activities.
• VDI Life cycle specialist
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-177931