MasterCard Senior Systems Platform Engineer (Database/Middleware) in Dunstable, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Systems Platform Engineer (Database/Middleware)
The Database Services Team is looking for a Senior Systems Platform Engineer (Database/Middleware) to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. This role will be within the Database Services Team responsible for the development and support of Project and Production databases. You will deliver an outstanding level of Database/Middleware Administration support across all Vocalink systems, ensuring we meet or exceed defined SLAs. You will work other technical areas such as Networks, Unix System Administration, Middleware, Application Support, Capacity Management, Architecture, Development, Acceptance Testing and Service and Operations Management. The role provides a great opportunity to be a part of a collaborative environment and to gain exposure to cutting-edge technology.
• Be a Database/Middleware lead in a predominantly Database team. You will lead on monitoring generally and OEM specifically, including administration of Weblogic and OEM application.
• Performs Database/Middleware troubleshooting and performance monitoring and ensures that incidents are resolved effectively and quickly.
• Contributes to cross-team troubleshooting.
• Delivers, to demanding timescales, project work including installs and upgrades and enhancement of database systems.
• Thoroughly documents work and KTs to and mentors colleagues as needed.
• Identifies and documents procedures, policies, methods and practices. Acts as a quality gate for new systems introduced into Live service.
• May need to provide out-of-hours and weekend support (approximate frequency of one week in eight).
Our main priority is to recruit a Database/Middleware specialist who is a strong problem-solver, has a highly positive attitude, is flexible in their workload and is a good team player.
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience
• Weblogic or equivalent application server product
• OEM or equivalent monitoring product
• Positive attitude even amidst imperfection, changing requests and tight deadlines.
• Takes ownership and responsibilities for deliverables, working independently with all relevant parties.
• Flexibility in working out-of-hours and weekends.
• Flexible attitude to workload, prepared to undertake varying nature of tasks crucial to the success of the DBA team, which may vary over time.
• Basic UNIX or Windows Shell Scripting.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-189344