MasterCard Senior Storage and Backup Engineer. in Dunstable, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Storage and Backup Engineer.
Main Purpose of role
• The Storage Services Team are responsible for all Storage, SAN and Backup deployments within Vocalink’s Production, Test and Development environments, as well as ongoing maintenance, troubleshooting and administration of the same.
• The Storage Services Team resource all phases of delivery, from Technical Architecture, through Build and into Run.
• The role of ‘Storage & Backup Specialist’ requires the individual to work on design and implementation of internal and external environments. Providing product, architecture and technical expertise to the client and/or VocaLink project team.
• The individual will also need to deliver an outstanding level of Storage & Backup Administration Support across all of Vocalink’s systems, ensuring that Vocalink systems meet or exceed their SLA’s.
Key accountabilities and duties
• This role will require close interaction with all other technical areas such as Architecture and Design, Networks, Unix Platform Administration, Database Systems Administration, Middleware Support Infrastructure, Development Teams, Acceptance Testing and Service/Operations Management.
• Typically the role will require the post holder to perform all of the following:-
• Perform advanced Storage & Backup troubleshooting (and performance tuning) coordinated with other areas/parties if required.
• Implement Storage & Backup Hardware and 3rd Party Software installs and upgrades.
• Provide post implementation support of delivered products operating as the last internal escalation point (In Office / Out of Office).
• Document and manage change to existing hardware/software.
• Contribute to the development and continuous review of appropriate practices, standards and guidelines.
• To stay abreast of relevant developments in technology, processes and markets.
• Provide Strategy guidance for the Storage and Backup discipline
• Understand stakeholder
• To communicate solutions to Stakeholders ensuring that their concerns are fully addressed, especially with regards to security, performance and availability
• To undertake project work.
• To deliver to demanding timescales
• To validate that proposed architecture is fit for purpose
• To support Product Management in developing product roadmaps.
• To advise Procurement and Commercial Finance regarding technical issues relating to contracts.
• To provide technical expertise to all other Infrastructure and Network teams.
• To mentor and technically guide les experienced members of the team
• To participate in recruiting and team development activities.
• Be part of the Storage team “On call” rota which is compensated additionally.
• Travel to various sites within the Vocalink / Mastercard estate which will require overnight stays.
• Work with the Storage team lead architect to design and plan project builds
• Undertake vulnerability investigation and resolutions as required from the security team.
The above list of responsibilities provides an indicative overview of the role. Actual responsibilities may vary over time depending on the business demands.
Knowledge and expertise (technical / role specific)
• EMC Symmetrix VMAX3 / Powermax
• EMC VNX2 (all models)
• EMC Unity (all models)
• EMC Vplex
• EMC DataDomain
• EMC Solutions Enabler, SRDF & Unisphere for VMAX
• EMC Naviseccli
• Knowledge of multipathing technologies: EMC, PowerPath, Veritas DMP, Windows/Solaris/AIX/LINUX Native multipathing
• Brocade Switches and Directors
• FOS 7.X onwards
• Veritas Netbackup appliance and Flex(Version 8.x or above )
• The ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136262