MasterCard Operations Team Manager in Dunstable, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Operations Team Manager
Introduction to mastercard:
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments...
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment. Mastercard is a driving force at the heart of commerce, enabling global transactions and bringing insight into the payments process to make commerce faster, more secure, and more valuable to everyone involved. As a critical link among financial institutions and millions of businesses, cardholders and merchants worldwide, MasterCard provides services in more than 210 countries and territories.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Intro on Vocalink:
Vocalink technologies power the UK’s real-time payments, settlements and direct debit systems, as well as the UK’s network of nearly 60,000 ATMs. We process over 90 percent of salaries, more than 70 percent of household bills and almost all state benefits!
Ask Questions of the candidate:
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
Network Operations – OCC Team Manager (OTM)
About the role:
The Network Operations team manager is a key 1st line support role for our 24/7 Operations Command Centre (OCC). Would you like to be part of a team who work out the day to day operations for the Vocalink Electronic Switching, Gateway and Transaction Services? If yes, this role will enable you to be part of the team who ensure the highest levels of service availability and integrity at all times, working closely with service management within the business as well as the UK Banks.
You will be;
• Leader for a team of analysts, SME’s and operators who provide first line problem solving for issues associated with a wide range technical solutions which support services including: Link ATM Card Services ATM Managed Services, Faster Payment Services (Switch and Back Office), MPP, Bacs, Bank Girot and ICS
• Hands on role assuring availability, controlling operational processes, incident notifications and escalation. Undertaking operational tasks if workload requires
•Notification and escalation to both internal and external stakeholders
• Ensuring the team work on diligently completing tasks within the correct times and reporting any anomalies
• Working on a shift rota covering and ensuring 24x7 365 Operations control.
• Monitoring all events/alerts are correctly handled in line with the severity and incident prioritisation processes, and escalated in a timely and consistent manner
• Incidents are recorded appropriately and correctly for all services
• Responsible to ensure that privileged access to any live system or service is controlled IAW company standards and policy
• Escalating any issues with monitoring tools and performance, identifying and driving service and process improvements
•Ensuring all governance and regulatory requirements are adhered to at all times
• Preparing and ensuring operational documentation is correct and relevant to tasks
All about you. You will have:
• Demonstrated experience of managing operational team
• Proven ability to learn and follow processes
• Experience to identify and suggest improvements to work processes
• Strong Problem solving skills
• Ability to deal with urgent issues in a calm and timely manner
• Great communication skills and be commercially aware
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121400