MasterCard VP Software Engineering in Dublin, Ireland
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
VP Software Engineering
The Shared Components & Security Services (SCSS) Fraud & Security Program develops
services to power business products that help make payments safe & secure.
These services are built on MasterCard's industry leading Decision Management Platform
which processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds.
This VP will lead a team of software engineers in creating and enhancing merchant, issuer and consumer services that help protect our customers. The VP will be the Program Owner of the Fraud & Security Products Program.
• Are you a strong leader with a passion for developing team members along with the
demonstrated ability to build high performing teams?
• Do you want to lead a software development team creating innovative & mission critical
solutions to challenging business problems?
• Can you partner closely with product teams to deliver successful business solutions?
We would like to hear from you!
• Formally supervises and coaches several software development teams across multiple
• Responsible for business execution including objective setting, performance management,
recruiting, and coaching.
• Partner with key stakeholders to provides strategic thinking and leadership across business
products, technical solutions, and software development methodologies.
• Sets the vision for an environment of ingenuity and creativity and acts as a role model for
others in challenging the status quo to encourage innovation.
• Oversees the management of the Software Engineering function and acts as the highest
authority on high-level and complex decisions within the function.
• Serves as the Value Stream Engineer to provide leadership to multiple product value streams.
• A wide breadth and depth of technical experience with a successful delivery track record for
mission critical systems.
• Demonstrated thought-leadership and cross-functional influence and partnership.
• Ability to innovatively leverage new technologies to deliver new business capabilities.
• Experience with solution architecture, transaction processing, web & mobile applications, big
& fast data, business intelligence, and user experience.
• Deep knowledge of software development processes including familiarity with the Scaled
• Experience as a resource manager including leading other managers, working with a
geographically disperse organization, and vendor management.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-83192