MasterCard Sr. Network Operations Analyst in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr. Network Operations Analyst
Operate as a direct point of contact to liaise between the Level 1, all regional support teams, and all MasterCard Operations and Technology (O&T) support teams to drive operational focus for Level 1 leadership and personnel.
• Provide project management and appropriate representation for Level 1 by identifying functional requirements, reviewing and signing off on Operational Service Agreements (OSA), coordinating User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and developing proper training tailored to meet the specific needs of Level 1.
• Support of new customers to platform.
• Review current toolset used by level 1to identify gaps and consult with core support teams to identify timely and cost effective solutions.
• Identify and implement automation opportunities.
• Enforce process standardization by developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), implementing version control on all documentation, and providing consistent communications to the Level 1.
• Drive operational alignment between O&T and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) through the development of processes, documentation, and training.
• Provide Incident Management for the entire MasterCard enterprise, by performing daily/weekly/monthly quality auditing, metrics reporting & communication, as well as post mortem activities as requested.
• Advanced-level knowledge of routing, switching, tunneling, ASN, and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Have you worked in a functional project management team?
• Do you like to come up with solutions to tough problems?
• Do you have strong analytical skills?
• Identify gaps in current tool functionality, procedures, and training used in the MasterCard Level 1 in support of daily operations.
• Perform Project management and representation on behalf of Level 1.
• Extensive network skills
• Consult with core support teams to identify and implement automation opportunities and tool enhancements
• Develop documentation and deliver training to L1 personnel to drive efficiency in the operations environment.
• Develop, analyze, and present metrics to measure efficiencies for various environments within MasterCard.
• High degree of interaction with the L1, core support teams, and key stakeholders.
• Incident Management for all of MasterCard including monthly audits, creating reports, trend identification/communication, and post mortem follow up with key stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• General knowledge of the 1 of the following 5 areas in the OCC (UNIX, Mainframe, Production Control, Debit, Network), basic Authorization concepts, and project management. Prior experience with Microsoft SharePoint and IBM Tivoli products a plus.
• Effective problem and troubleshooting skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective organization skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-171147