MasterCard Software Engineer II - QE in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer II - QE
Software Development Engineer in Test II
Software Engineer II - QE (Disputes Program)
The Mastercard Disputes Program team in Dublin have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer (QE) The team provide a suite of dispute resolution services that uses the Mastercard Network to help expedite the resolution of cardholder disputes and reduce the amount of paper required to resolve disputes (Mastercom).
Mastercom provides many benefits, including the following:
• Speed—accelerated processing of dispute initiation and document management through a
• Security—helps safeguard file transfers through mastercardconnect.com data security
• Archive—provides current and historical access to files and dispute documentation
• Convenience—allows users to research, create claims, submit chargebacks/retrieval/case
filing, view and download all evidential documentation, any time, from any location, as
often as needed.
• Access—provides virtual access to multiples users regardless of their location.
• Paperless—processing allows users to save and export documents electronically to local
• Analyze code review reports and development quality to make sure best practices are being followed
• Develops/monitors quality gating and automation strategy for a given project looking at code coverage and API vs
• UI level functionality
• Possesses a strong knowledge of programming, tools, architecture patterns, and BDD
• Ensures Performance and Scalability for applications and platforms
• Works closely with software engineers to build quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing
• Develops frameworks and configurations; reviews analysis to ensure adherence to quality standards
• Supports quality/test strategy creation, testing, and automation
• Develops and executes test plans for a single application; independently generates test data and recognizes test environment preparation needs
• Participates in project-level reviews, walkthroughs and inspections; conducts test reviews for plans, requirements, cases, and automation
• Raises process improvement opportunities, defines and implements simple automation efforts, and documents automated testing solutions
• Designs and codes test automation solutions for user journeys with Test and Development team
• Oversees and provides technical support to junior team members
• May manage smaller project/initiatives as an experienced individual contribute with specialized knowledge within assigned discipline
• Assists in the evaluation of manual testing tools for automation opportunities
• Experience in advanced code development, quality review software development, and automation frameworks
• Successfully developed high quality test strategies and text execution; recognized test environment preparation needs
• Experience in agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools, unit and integration testing, and data virtualization tools
• Demonstrated ability to communicate application level directions across departments
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-145257